Motorola Q Black

AceMarlak

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
I sell cars and i just sold a car to a Verizon Store Manager, I asked about the Treo he said no new releases are planned but to look for a Motorola Q Black within 2 weeks he said only a few updates but a nice lookin black Q

simba

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
I actually saw one yesterday at a Verizon Store. I mentioned if only there was a nice looking pda - and he showed me the Q Black. Nice! I asked when it would be available and said in January 2007.

tama2112

Jan 6, 2006
Visit site
I own a Treo & Q... I would NOT keep the Q if it werent for the extended battery.. hopefully they will have the extended battery door available in black?:confused:
I would hope so - otherwise that would look pretty stupid..

AceMarlak

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
Well i was told by the Store Manager at my verizon store who bought a car from my dealership it would be a updated model of the previous Q he said nothing major so we will see i guess but i thinking of gettin it my treo jus took a turn for the worse,( got mad and decided to introduce it to the drive way) so we will see

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
the Q Pro is a different phone. that's the upgraded version of the Q. the black Q is the same as the silver Q....only painted black. there's a thread about the Q Pro ("Norman" i think) somewhere.

I might be confused, because I know the PRO is black. But they did say it would be out sooner than later. Have to wait and see I guess

jstpa

Jan 1, 2005
Visit site
I own a Treo & Q... I would NOT keep the Q if it werent for the extended battery.. hopefully they will have the extended battery door available in black?:confused:
I would hope so - otherwise that would look pretty stupid..

Along with the Q Black, VZW is releasing a software update (for all Qses) that is supposed to increase battery life. According to the following thread, it seems to be working very well:

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7140

Keefer Lucas

Feb 8, 2001
Visit site
The MOL2 upgrade brings previously released Qs up to date with the black Qs. My experience is that the MOL2 upgrade improves battery life, maybe 10-15%. It is noticable, but not a jaw-dropping improvement.

Hanuman

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Black one looks nice, I guess they did this to compete directly against the Blackjack. Were we supposed to get the 700wx on verizon this month too? Oh well.

Inb0und

Jan 1, 2007
Visit site
AceMarlak, no offense, but this sacred and precious source of intel of yours is pretty much worthless. Cellphone store manager! As Inspector-Gadget used to say... "Wowzers!" He must have a Verizon Security Clearance that would make a US Army Intelligence General burst into a jealous fit. Not.

(Ace, before I get too deep here, what this mgr is telling you is public knowledge already, and he doesn't know anything more, and please forgive my sarcasm at 80wpm, I'm buzzed because of the holidays.)

Personally, I think that Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom knows more about the future family tree of cellphones.

Anyways- despite much of online talk being either speculation or misleading half-fact at best (with some fruitful fact out there for those that can sort filet mignon apart from pure doggy dog bullcrap while searching online for a bit) it's better than info acquired from your cellphone store peons by a magnitude of nearly epic and infinite proportions.

I've spoken with so many employees at many stores of every local cellphone provider (Sprint/Verizon/Cingular/T-Mobile/Nextel) within the last 70 days and none of them knew ANYTHING about the Q pro (except for one person, who's mgr at a private store that sells all carriers phones)- not the name, the fact that it might possibly exist in the future. - = N o t h i n g = - Their minds and faces were blanker than the most bleached paper on Earth when questioned regarding the upcoming Q Pro. Granted, it's CDMA and not all GSM related employees should know everything yet, but the Q Pro *IS* going to be GSM right? Hopefully someone would know something?

Amazing how in this age of information, how many reps get it wrong so easily. Some Cingular imbecile I spoke to didn't know jack about the 4GB mini-SD cards and improvised by insisting 1GB is all I need to cover up the fact that he had *NO* idea what was being discussed. (FAT32 - 4GB, other stuff...) No kid, you don't know my needs.

Point is that not only do many reps know nothing about the future products, but also lack full knowledge on the current product spectrum.

Also funny is how many people online believe the next big thing in Q-dom is the black Q. Hmmm it has so many new features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion