Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree8Likes
  1. ultralight23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am loving my 822, all of its glory but especially its Music Mix and for FREE! I find it does a great job filtering through my picks...much better than Pandora.

    Here's mine after a couple of weeks with my 822:

    1- Pixies, Hsker D, Social Distortion
    2- The Black Keys
    3- Coldplay, Spoon, Jack Johnson
    4- Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool

    Anyways, what's your mix?

    (hey mods, didn't know where to post for all Lumia users)
  2. troylytle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    812 Posts
    #2  
    Poison the well, Shai Hulud and The Human Abstract.
    JungleFiene likes this.
  3. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    122 Posts
    #3  
    hmm maybe I can just mention it here since it kinda a dumb question, im trying to get my neighbor that has a 920 to use Nokia Music (i own an 8x so i dont have it :/) ...
    At first I thought it was along the lines of Spotify, but i havent really figured it out, it keeps telling me to buy music
    are the mix like pandora statios? if anyone can give me the 101 on it that'd be great
  4. ultralight23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #4  
    Nokia music>Mix radio or Create mix>Make available offline (tap 3 dot settings, bottom right)

    That's it.

    Presently downloading the "New York" mix
    Last edited by ultralight23; 03-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.
  5. hitchhiker90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #5  
    I'm with LeLee092 on the Nokia Music thing. I've learned how to download Nokia's mixes like EDM, dubstep, and celtic which really isn't all that celtic at all. Are you saying its possible that I can select music from their store so I can create my own mix and not do their pre-configured ones?
  6. ultralight23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #6  
    Pretty sure just their playlists, not sure though, I'm still 2 weeks new to my Lumia.
  7. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,004 Posts
    #7  
    I listen to Smooth Jazz or the Christian Pop / Rock mix.
    Muessig likes this.
  8. jdriscoll636's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #8  
    Creedence Clearwater revival, Hendrix, and skynyrd.
    Thanked by:
  9. Jealy666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #9  
    1. Disturbed, Korn & Stone Sour
    2. Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists & Bullet For My Valentine
    3. Manowar, Kamelot & Hammerfall
    4. Daft Punk, Deadmau5 & Swedish House Mafia


    Anyone know if the custom mixes are available on the web version yet? When they are I'll be purchasing NM+.
  10. BenTR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #10  
    Right now I've got


    1. Ornette Coleman, Cecil Taylor


    2. Wayne Shorter, Charlie Parker


    3. J. S. Bach, Alfred Schnittke


    I tried to set up a death metal mix, but Nokia Music did not have the bands I was looking for. I think I will try again, see if they have more.
    Last edited by BenTR; 03-03-2013 at 08:45 PM.
  11. ultralight23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #11  
    Nice jazz mixes, i'll have to look into some of you choices. You'd think Nokia, since Finland has the highest "death metal" bands per capita, could get their hands on some good stuff. (probably not true but swear I've heard this before)
  12. JMBasquiat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    #12  
    1. Bob Dylan, Andrew Bird, Leonard Cohen
    2. DJ Shadow, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Thievery Corporation
    3. The Smiths, Morrissey, Joy Division
    4. Don't have one yet.
  13. Verkunder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    #13  
    Are the premade mixes repeating for anyone? For example, I'll start the "dupstep" mix every other day or so and I'll hear basically the same thing each time.
  14. JimiDiGriz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultralight23 View Post

    Presently downloading the "New York" mix
    'New York' mix?
  15. Shake N Bake00's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  
    Rammstein
    Korn
    Lacuna Coil
  16. ultralight23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    Are the premade mixes repeating for anyone?...
    1- Not for me, my last ssong played is always in queue.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimiDiGriz View Post
    'New York' mix?
    2- ...one of Nokia's mix, first few songs played were; Lauren Hill, Notorious BIG, Tribe Called Quest (I think).
  17. #17  
    Hi, I am Jethro, I work for Nokia Music and head up the team that makes the Nokia Music mixes.

    My top mixes are
    1. Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Yardbirds - Classics
    2. Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Ben Harper - Chilled
    3. Rancid, Rise Against, Nirvana - Growing up and rocking out.
    4. Rudimental, Major lazer, Little Dragon - Loving right now

    Am happy to answer any questions, give advice and would welcome any suggestions for new mixes.
    Squatting Hen likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    Are the premade mixes repeating for anyone? For example, I'll start the "dupstep" mix every other day or so and I'll hear basically the same thing each time.
    Hey Verkunder, We look to add new tracks into the current mixes on a weekly basis, some of the classics/good tracks will stay there but new ones will get added. We refresh the content every Tuesday so i will check the Dubstep mix for you to make sure that it is sounding good. You should see a change tomorrow, if you have taken the mix offline then you will need to refresh the mix.
    Thanked by:
    Verkunder and Muessig like this.
  19. Verkunder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by JethroAtNokiaMusic View Post
    Hey Verkunder, We look to add new tracks into the current mixes on a weekly basis, some of the classics/good tracks will stay there but new ones will get added. We refresh the content every Tuesday so i will check the Dubstep mix for you to make sure that it is sounding good. You should see a change tomorrow, if you have taken the mix offline then you will need to refresh the mix.
    Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!
    Thanked by:
    JethroAtNokiaMusic likes this.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!
    No worries dude, glad to help and we are always working to improve the mixes. If you can't wait until tomorrow and want a bit more Dubstep action then try a create mix using Skrillex, Flux Pavilion and Nero as seeds, this should give you a nice little mix of tunes.
  21. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker90 View Post
    I'm with LeLee092 on the Nokia Music thing. I've learned how to download Nokia's mixes like EDM, dubstep, and celtic which really isn't all that celtic at all. Are you saying its possible that I can select music from their store so I can create my own mix and not do their pre-configured ones?
    Hey hitchhiker90, thanks for the post, i will get my team to look into the Celtic mix and see if we can get it improved for you. You can create your own mixes based on your top artists in the create feature which you can find by swiping across from the mixes section or from the home screen menu, depending on the client version you are rockin. This allows you to search for artists and then seed a mix, this will then create a mix based on tracks by those artists and similar artists.
  22. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultralight23 View Post
    Nice jazz mixes, i'll have to look into some of you choices. You'd think Nokia, since Finland has the highest "death metal" bands per capita, could get their hands on some good stuff. (probably not true but swear I've heard this before)
    Hey ultralight23, We have added a metal specific genre group to the US mixes, you now have a selection of tunes based on Alt, Death, Hair, Heavy, Thrash, 80s and 90s Metal. Enjoy :)
  23. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!
    Hey, the refreshed Dubstep mix is now live. Let me know what you think.
  24. #24  
    I actually have 6 mixes installed right now (apparently, if you had them installed when the Nokia Music+ test ends, you get to keep all 6, rather than being scaled back to 4).

    1. Underoath, Haste the Day, and The Devil Wears Prada
    2. Gwen Stacy, As I Lay Dying, and Times of Grace
    3. Becoming the Archetype, Before Their Eyes, and The Color Morale (I think; Nokia Music cuts off the third artist)
    4. Emery Underoath, and Inhale/Exhale
    5. Thrice, Emery, and The Classic Crime
    6. Emery, Thrice, and Blindside
  25. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultralight23 View Post
    2- ...one of Nokia's mix, first few songs played were; Lauren Hill, Notorious BIG, Tribe Called Quest (I think).
    Haha, just have to point out that last week, my grandma actually apparently decided it was "discuss dead rappers day," despite being in her mid-60s and white. She used the terms "2-pack" and "Notorious Big" (rather than "B.I.G."). I don't like that type of music at all, but it was a great laugh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia Music Mix Radio Availabiliy? List of Region?
    By Huime in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 03:18 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:46 AM
  3. How to listen to the Nokia Music mixes on your PC
    By Gmotagi in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
  4. Nokia Music - Mix radio ignores the artist selected?
    By Sergio0694 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions