HERE Drive+ Update

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, this is Pino from the HERE team at Nokia.
We are currently updating HERE Drive, HERE Drive+ and HERE Transit. Because some updates failed we are now fixing an installation bug. All the apps will be available again for download anytime soon.

Pino or someone, ONE BIG QUESTION...

I have a Lumia 720 with HERE DRIVE BETA included, today i made a hard reset, but after that operation HERE DRIVE BETA become HERE DRIVE, when i tap tile to use it, IT SAYS "HERE DRIVE+ ISNT AVAILABLE"...

So now i can't use my regular Drive app, until they release fix....

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I must admit I'm very disappointed with Nokia over this. It's been days now a good chunk of us has been without navigation. Surely Nokia could have re-uploaded the previously working version while they fixed this new release.

Very poor...

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I must admit I'm very disappointed with Nokia over this. It's been days now a good chunk of us has been without navigation. Surely Nokia could have re-uploaded the previously working version while they fixed this new release.

Very poor...

I was also wondering why they didn't republish the old version if the fix for the new version wasn't going to be quick.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed the update for my Lumia920, but my 521 still doesn't show it in the Store. I texted my 521 a direct link from my 920 but I got an error. Help?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I grabbed the update for my Lumia920, but my 521 still doesn't show it in the Store. I texted my 521 a direct link from my 920 but I got an error. Help?

make sure, which one you've got installed: HERE Drive+ or just HERE Drive (without + ). No "+" limits you to use FREE navigation ONLY in ONE country. As far as I know this version of Drive was implemented into Lumia521 :) . Try this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/here-drive/9a0f7585-9f16-47d5-8041-28018fcea606

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So, first of all the only difference between HERE Drive and HERE Drive+ is the regional or global license. HERE Drive+ is providing voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation in almost 100 countries, while HERE Drive only in one country or region.

Let me give you few examples: US is a stand-alone country in this model, Canada too, but UK is in the same region as Ireland; Spain, Portugal and Andorra are one region; Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Lichtenstein another region and so on. In the specific case of Jordan, you would get the driving license only for your country.

The license selection is done automatically the first time you launch HERE Drive and it?s based on the SIM card in the smartphone. Without SIM card, HERE Drive won?t start. Let?s say you buy a Nokia Lumia 520 in Spain and put a Jordan SIM card in it, you will get the HERE Drive license for Jordan.
Source: mynokiablog.com

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys when i want to update the new here maps I have to unninstal the old maps?

No, you don't have to. Just go to the windows phone store, find here maps, tap it to open - after that the update button should appear in left-down corner. Hit it, and app will be updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb