HERE Drive Plus voice with spoken street names

godlyatheist

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 920 to upgrade from my Samsung Focus. I really like that the new GPS can say street names. However, I seem to remember people getting the UK English voice to say the street names in the beta, but on mine I can only see the US English having that option. Is there a way to get the UK voice to speak the street name?

InspireMe

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 920 to upgrade from my Samsung Focus. I really like that the new GPS can say street names. However, I seem to remember people getting the UK English voice to say the street names in the beta, but on mine I can only see the US English having that option. Is there a way to get the UK voice to speak the street name?

Go into Here Drive + and go to settings\navigation voice and click download new

aspergerguy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You have to go back and download English (United Kingdom) in Speech Language again. As sometimes seems to stay on 0% downloaded you can check progress in Settings > phone update but eventually get "Install" prompt. Afterwards UK street names male or female should be visible instead of UK male or female recorded voice.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work in our country. I always get this annoying message " no navigation. Your route runs through a country blah blah....". Yet HERE maps doesn't use internet to navigate, the roads are there . I wonder why navigation is disabled and after how many donkey years are they going to cover us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss