Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 83 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree5530Likes

Global Posts
    4,198 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    This is the place to put all of your awesome pictures/video's captured on your Nokia Lumia 1020's.

Guidelines:

• Off-topic Posts will be edited or removed. Please respect our community rules no matter how good your photo is.
    • The moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or remove your posts as necessary so they comply with our Community Rules.
    • The forum will automatically resize your picture thumbnails so the forum structure isn't broken.

Feel free to look over the Community Rules & Guidelines here: before your post your image(s).

For a guide on how to use your phone's camera to take better pictures see here: So you want to take better pictures? [Guide] or click the signature below.
    Last edited by Muessig; 08-16-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Global Posts
    4,198 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    There's a huge list of Photo samples from Nokia's site we can all drool over here: Nokia Lumia 1020 Nokia – Press

Edit: I think this has to be my favourite one... you can even read the writing on the street signs in the picture. *shocked*

http://press.nokia.com/wp-content/up...highres-16.jpg
    Thanked by:

Found the yellow balloon promo photo:

http://press.nokia.com/wp-content/up...highres-13.jpg

I'm VERY impressed so far. I've been clicking around and zooming in and out of these promo photos and I'm just shocked that these came from a smartphone. Unreal.

Edit: Here's the original teaser photo for comparison

wp_20130617_12_40_31_zoom2.jpg
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    vlad0 
    Muessig likes this.

Does it have 8mpix pureview mode ? Either way, eve if this is a resize from a full res photo.. the detail is 808 like for sure and that makes me very, very happy.

The only thing I am noticing is a bit of softness on the left and bottom edge of the frame, but it might just be that particular set of optics.. they are all aligned individually so..

amazing detail

Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    In low light, both with flash and without flash, its exhibiting a bit more noise than the 808.. but I am sure its only a matter of tweaking the jpeg processing. The foundation is solid, and that's what's important.

PIN
    Email
    Hmm it would have been nice if they included the 38 mp shots in the press release.. its hard to tell on camera quality when the file size for hi res versions are inconsistent one is at 10.4 mb and another at 2. something mb for example.

But still what a view!

http://press.nokia.com/wp-content/up...o-lowlight.jpg
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 07-11-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Link added
    Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak1 View Post
    Hmm it would have been nice if they included the 38 mp shots in the press release.. its hard to tell on camera quality when the file size for hi res versions are inconsistent one is at 10.4 mb and another at 2. something mb for example.
    That's normal.. different content would yield different file sizes.

The full resolutions will be b/w 8-15mb and the distilled image will be between 1-3mb

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    That's normal.. different content would yield different file sizes.

The full resolutions will be b/w 8-15mb and the distilled image will be between 1-3mb
    true
    Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

wp_20130711_20_18_53_pro.jpg
    http://sdrv.ms/1axbmTO

I took this photo with a 1020 at the Zoom Party event in NYC last night. I transferred it to my 920 via NFC/Bluetooth. I thought a normal auto shot might be useful to people just to keep expectations on the realistic side of things. This is still a mobile phone camera.

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...456ov0Ac_n.jpg

That is indeed nice details.

On a personal note, that is the Manhattan bridge on the Brooklyn side. It is cool to see this shot of the bridge I ride to and from work every day.
    Last edited by Vallos; 07-12-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Win DroidPhone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Doc View Post
    http://sdrv.ms/1axbmTO

I took this photo with a 1020 at the Zoom Party event in NYC last night. I transferred it to my 920 via NFC/Bluetooth. I thought a normal auto shot might be useful to people just to keep expectations on the realistic side of things. This is still a mobile phone camera.
    That grain/noise .. : ( But it is 400iso so.. not that bad I guess

my Lumia 1520

does anyone how much memory the pictures world take up?

Quote Originally Posted by David Best View Post
    does anyone how much memory the pictures world take up?
    If you are saving everything full size then you are looking at maybe 80 - 90 Photos per 1GB at best. So with 32GB of memory, probably around 26 usable, We wont be going much further than 2000 photos before this thing is pretty much full. Lol

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Holy moley.. Now this is making me wish I waited instead of getting the 925 :(
    Owned Phones: Nokia Lumia 925, iPhone 5
    Favorite OS: Windows Phone 8
    WP8 Colour: Cobalt on Dark
    Instagram: Krusty Yeti
    Photos taken with my Lumia 925: Flickr
    Friendly Photo Contest anyone?: Shootout

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    why is 3rd so bad...

Are you talking about the noise ? Its at 200 iso.. so.. to be expected I guess

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    but it's with xenon no?!
    Because clearly a Xenon flash fixes all noise issues with pics?
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4 

Photos normally shouldn't be "noisy" until an ISO of 800 or above. Also, I'd like to reiterate that the 1020 is still a mobile phone. Its camera still has a tiny lens and a small sensor. The Nokia sample photos look great, yes, but I wouldn't expect similar results in daily usage.

So I looked trough my photos just to find something similar to compare.. where it was pitch black, xenon fires, and the iso locks at about 200

I found only one, in auto mode @ 250 iso .. I see very little noise/grain

http://sdrv.ms/17mDV0T

I also resized the original down to .. ~5mpix and its much better. Also, I am sure that the phone can do a much better job at cleaning the noise at point of capture than a simple resize..

http://sdrv.ms/13lbEYw

So.. were are good. If you set it to 5Mpix pureview mode it should perform very well at night :)

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Hoping for no soft focus issue with the 1020. 920 was great at video but disappointing with pictures cause of its focus issues.

Guys is there a varient coming for 1020 with dual sim both sim can be used simentaniously and bigger internal battery as much as 7500 mah if yes don't really mind the extra weight and size
    was using 920 previously loved it was the best device I had for a long time but unfortunately battery life was not helping and needed dual sim option

currently am using s4 with zero lemon 7500mah battery and an external bluetooth dual sim adapter to acheive the abovewould love to have 1020 as my only device but with the above features

not happy with s4 specially with the email client it take some time more then 30 sec to open in 920 near faced any slowness with mail client

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This is from user unternull . Automatic settings. I think the 1020 produces a lot of noise and the 920 pics he sent me actually look better.

mario-1020.jpg
Page 1 of 83 1234561151 ... LastLast