Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

I didn't hear Canada mentioned in today's announcement but if the 1020 will be available for AT&T then I'm assuming and hoping it will be available for Rogers network? Anyways, really hoping to see the Lumia 1020 make it's way up north!

Fingers-crossed!

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    I assumed it would come to Rogers, but it was weird that they named several countries but not Canada...

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Hoping so too but the absence of any Canadian carrier being mentioned suggests they werent willing to take it on due to the cost. Looks like a Euro import for me, guess I'll go for the 64GB while I'm at it. :)

None of the carriers even picked up the 925.

Maybe the rumors are true that the Canadian carriers are trying hard to push BB as the #3 and neglecting WP in the process.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post

Maybe the rumors are true that the Canadian carriers are trying hard to push BB as the #3 and neglecting WP in the process.
    If true, and it wouldn't surprise me, it'd be an incredibly short-sighted move as pushing BB as the #3 will only - at best - happen in Canada and a few other markets. The rest of the world will keep on moving, and the only ones to support BB instead of WP are going to be Canadian vendors, whereas key global apps will sit with the top 2 or 3 in the world.

any body got twitter account they can ask the Nokia guys with?

Maybe if Nokia can get an excludive Red one out for Rogers, because I see the red Lumia 920's images used in many Rogers ads but at the same time like At&t haven't done a great job of pushing the device at the retail level.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGorilla View Post
    Maybe if Nokia can get an excludive Red one out for Rogers, because I see the red Lumia 920's images used in many Rogers ads but at the same time like At&t haven't done a great job of pushing the device at the retail level.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    TBH no US carrier has promoted WP well in any form on the retail floor, but at least at a corporate level at&t is the most committed US carrier. However as the current trend is I expect most sales of the 1020 to come from outside the US, but with at&t they at least have a US presence.
    MobileGorilla likes this.

I wish that those of us in Canada could purchase unlocked devices directly from Nokia for use on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Too bad that the Microsoft store won't sell unlocked devices either.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, Mobile Syrup says it's coming to Canada:
    Nokia announces the Lumia 1020, a 41MP monster smartphone with Windows Phone 8 | MobileSyrup.com

"The Nokia Lumia will be coming to Canada this quarter, though specific availability and colour selection has not been released just yet. We’ll update you with more when we have it."
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post

This is an interesting point. Strangely I see people with Z10's all over and can't believe it. However, I see much less of blackberry than I used to.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Priest View Post
    I wish that those of us in Canada could purchase unlocked devices directly from Nokia for use on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Too bad that the Microsoft store won't sell unlocked devices either.
    I know and I would have no problem paying full price for an unlocked Lumia 1020 provided no carrier apps are installed. Microsoft should do what Apple does with the Apple Store.

I work as a sales rep for bell, and I can tell you that I am the ONLY employee at my store who has ever used, nevermind owned, a WP for more than 30 seconds. I see all my coworkers pushing iPhones, and yes strangely enough new blackberry's, but not WP. Any customer I get who is open to trying WP ends up buying and leaving the store quite happy. I'm all for supporting Canadian companies, but the WP product is a better one then BBOS10, and I wish more Canadian sales reps would see that

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Any carrier that brings this to Canada I'm switching except if Rogers decides to bring it.

Hopefully it'll be Pentaband siimilar to the 920 so we can use it on Wind.
    chucky78 likes this.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    re: "The Nokia Lumia will be coming to Canada this quarter, though specific availability and colour selection has not been released just yet. We’ll update you with more when we have it."

I thought for sure that Rogers had screwed Canada from getting any flagship devices due to their bungling of the 900 and 920 phones. They have not been marketing the device very well, insisting on calling it a Windows 8 phone, rarely mentioning the device by name when using the image in any advertisements, and not providing any accessories for the phone.

I haven't seen any other mention of Canada getting this device, and @NokiaCanada is mum on new device availability. If Nokia does choose to release it in Canada, I hope they force the carriers to bid on an exclusive contract and provide some local marketing because current marketing is pathetic.
    MobileGorilla likes this.

I'm really hoping the carriers in Canada pick up the Lumia 1020 or at least the 925.

My 900 is really starting to show some age. :(

I spoke to Rogers rep. today, she confirmed 1020 is coming to Rogers but no specific time though.
    Last edited by muderko; 07-17-2013 at 05:43 PM.

I really wish Bell would carry the Nokia line. I got the 8x, and overall I love it. But the lack of HTC support especially compared to Nokia definitely gets ya mad now and again!

Canada hasn't even got the 925 and 928 yet, what a shame, the best we have is the 920 which is also exclusive to Rogers

Not sure if you can see this but they aren't commenting on this apparently... :(

https://www.facebook.com/Rogers/post...t=feed_comment

The support for Windows Phones sucks in Canada.
    Proud Owner of a Black Nokia Lumia 920!

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dula714 View Post
    The support for Windows Phones sucks in Canada.
    concurred

I still get people constantly laughing at me and asking why i chose WP8...and when i tell them i came from a GS3, they laugh even harder (as in i made a stupid move). No one even knows what WP8 abOOt, they just know its not popular so it must be a bad OS.
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    concurred

I still get people constantly laughing at me and asking why i chose WP8...and when i tell them i came from a GS3, they laugh even harder (as in i made a stupid move). No one even knows what WP8 abOOt, they just know its not popular so it must be a bad OS.
    Which is funny because whenever I'm out and someone is trying to take a photo, or find a place to eat, or look something up, they are always astounded when my photos look better, when I can find a good place to eat faster than them and when I find the information we were looking for faster.

It helps to not have a laggy POS phone with gimicky features that bog down the OS. My phone just works.

Oh, and did I mention my navigation suite makes theirs look like they are reading maps carved in stone?
    MobileGorilla and dula714 like this.

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Which is funny because whenever I'm out and someone is trying to take a photo, or find a place to eat, or look something up, they are always astounded when my photos look better, when I can find a good place to eat faster than them and when I find the information we were looking for faster.

It helps to not have a laggy POS phone with gimicky features that bog down the OS. My phone just works.

Oh, and did I mention my navigation suite makes theirs look like they are reading maps carved in stone?
    whats interesting is the negative feedback is 90% Android users, 10% Apple users....some iPhoners actually think WP8 is nice. Its the Androids that get all defensive and say "But i can root my phone", "WP8 looks childish" and "But its got NO APPS..!!!"
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast