Barometer? For what?

Melus Haque

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
From various sources, it could be said that the Lumia 1020 has a barometer (!). (Its a device used to measure the atmospheric (air) pressure). Now the question is, what is the use? It's not like it could be used to measure the temperature, and one wants to find his altitude with it, he would need the help of nearby weather stations. Perhaps that could increase the GPS accuracy? What other applications are there?

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Besides GPS, maybe developers can write apps for skiers can track their descent speed, and bikers can track climbs of their rides.

bugmetnot

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Why is that strange?

As the second poster above pointed out there are many uses for the barometer. It can be used for a aid to gps as well as a prediction tool for when precipitation is going to arrive to your current location. All without using any data services. 2G/3G/4G/LTE/LTE-A or Wifi/Wifi2.0 .

I'm actually surprised it took nokia this long to include an actual physical pressure sensor in their devices. And hope they are in the coming devices as well.
I'd also like to see full IRDA RX/TX and FM RX/TX included as well as a barometer in the next version of their super camera phone.

THAT would be the phone i would buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans