Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Very Interesting....

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    To be fair: It will be released almost one year after the Iphone 5, so it's kinda unfair :)
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Even 920 has destroyed iPhone 5 in all departments except for daylight pics. Once Amber update is out, it will being iPhone 5 on to its knees
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64
    LastBattle likes this.

Global Posts
    3,001 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sueha View Post
    To be fair: It will be released almost one year after the Iphone 5, so it's kinda unfair :)
    Just as unfair as the iphone screen still being hailed as "retina" when its resolution is the lowest among current flagships.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Just as unfair as the iphone screen still being hailed as "retina" when its resolution is the lowest among current flagships.
    The Retina display of Apple is the Retina display. It's just a name.

Retina Display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Posts
    3,001 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    The Retina display of Apple is the Retina display. It's just a name.

Retina Display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It was being touted as a feature when other devices had 720p then 1080p screens but no one seems to care that its lower res now than anything other flagship, its just the WP devices that are continually getting bashed for it.
    Bartdog and xandros9 like this.
    The question whether the 2 month head-start over iPhone 5S, can be played to Nokia's advantage.

If comes October - and Nokia 1020 doesn't sell - then they'll drop the price right down to $150 upfront - like BB had done with Z10.Conversely if they do get traction in media - and 1020 becomes the device to get - well you do the math.
    Bartdog likes this.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    The latest and greatest flag ship phone from any ecosystem should be expected to beat a 10 month old device, especially at $300 on contract. If it could not then M$ and Nokia have no prayer to ever be relevant in this market.
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.
    nokia4life likes this.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    To be honest I don't really see the 1020 as the end-all flagship at the moment. I think it's an extremely niche device with a niche crowd. Im sure it's a great device, but let's face it, it doesn't cater to the major audience. I'd rather look at something like the 925 or so.
    nokia4life and N_LaRUE like this.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    From the title of the thread I was expecting to see someone smashing an iPhone 5 with the 1020.
    Thanked by:
    Frenzytom and xandros9 like this.

Why go to amoled though from ips :(

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    AMOLED has it's sides. For example one of the features I miss from my N8 was the screensaver clock thing, which is only really battery efficient on an AMOLED screen. The other thing is that on an AMOLED all blacks are really black, cos the pixels are turned off completely as opposed to a backlit screen. 920 has an amazing screen, that's for sure, but I wouldn't say no to a high quality AMOLED screen either. Especially since the WP design language is so full of black that I feel it's even sort of stupid to not use AMOLEDs more widely :D
    In Limbo likes this.
    Digital spelled wrong.
    Integration spelled wrong (3x) - spectacularly so in the Apple portion.

/English lesson.

I thought the Lumia 920 destroyed the iPhone 5. This is just overkill lol but the iPhone 5 did come out back in September so..

I highly doubt any phone anytime soon will beat this camera. Its in a class by itself and its VERY VERY lonely at the top.
    Red Prostitue 920
    MSI GX60 | AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 120 SSD | AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    manwe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Uhm, retina isn't about resolution alone. It's about DPI.
    Quote Originally Posted by WP7_Genius View Post
    I highly doubt any phone anytime soon will beat this camera. Its in a class by itself and its VERY VERY lonely at the top.
    except some abandoned phones ;)

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Flashy video, but not entirely accurate.

Some discrepancies I noticed:

• The 1020 does not have a tripod mount, the grip case you can get for it does. I'm sure there are plenty of iPhone cases you can get that are tripod mountable.
    • What exactly is meant by "Windows Intergration" (sic)? That you can sync it with a Windows computer? Can't iPhones do that, too?
    • The 1020 does NOT support wireless charging out of the box. You have to purchase a special back plate for it if you want wireless charging capability.
    • Faster CPU in terms of GHz does not necessarily equate to better performance.
    • Things like "curved sides", "larger display", and "lanyard hole" are pretty subjective. Actually, aren't most things listed in this video subjective? It comes down to your individual preferences, likes, dislikes, etc.

On a side note, someone really needs to learn how to spell the word integration. I counted 3 instances of "intergration" and 2 instances of "intergrtation". Not very professional.
    Thanked by:
    Chregu and xandros9 like this.

All very fair points, except the comment about wireless charging integration...or interigation...or instagration....or whatever....Yes, you need to purchase a special cover to use wireless charging. But that works because the phone supports wireless charging. The iPhone 5 does not.

Because it is also one of the smallest screens on a smartphone. So it can be "retina" with fewer dots.

my brother has an iphone 5 and we both compared our phones with the screens and he said viewing angles and all that the Lumia 920 comes out on top where as we both agreed that both Retina and PureView MotionHD+ are almost identical to one an other but from a far distance the iphone looks a bit shabby and up close it looks almost identical as the lumia 920 because the iphone has better brightness
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,353 Global Posts
    Come on now. iPhone 5 is only 112 grams and still has the best GPU on any smartphone to date. Also the iPhone 5S will have a fingerprint sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Come on now. iPhone 5 is only 112 grams and still has the best GPU on any smartphone to date. Also the iPhone 5S will have a fingerprint sensor.
    Isn't that speculation? Has Apple announced the specs of the 5S and I missed it...remember this one phone ummmm, oh yea a Motorola Atrix already did the finger print thing. Nothing revolutionary..... can only do so much to a phone before everyone copies everyone.
    Red Prostitue 920
    MSI GX60 | AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 120 SSD | AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    theefman likes this.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Half of the features mentioned require an accessory - tripod mount, wireless charging etc. There are endless possibilities out there with accessories for the iPhone 5. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    The iPhone destroys the Lumia 1020 in everything else. And I doubt most people can tell the different in photo quality without having to zoom in.
    How about display size ? - or sensitive touch ? - or recording ? - I just saw this one, enjoy:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast