How long will the new 41mp camera be an AT+T exclusive?

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck with t-mobile... and I remember when the 920 came out, there were announcements that said it would be an AT+T exclusive for 6 months.

I've been researching this for a few days, and I have not found anything definitive about how long the 1020 in particular will be exclusive.

Anyone heard anything? I'm just trying to do a cost analysis to see if it's worth paying the $400 minimum it'll cost to get my wife and I off t-mobile and away from these 810's...

Is there legitimacy to the rumors that we may see new devices on other carriers by the end of the year?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The current rumour, and I stress the word rumour, is that the exclusivity is for 3 months. However I would direct you to the way Tmobile is treating its current WP flagship the 925, ie ignoring it, and also the rapid EOL of the 810 which you actually have. That doesnt suggest to me that they are unlikely to care enough to get the 1020 and if anything VZW will be next to get it in the US.

So if the admittedly higher prices are not a problem for you and you really want the phone enough to pay the ETF to Tmo I would say go for it, ebay your 810's and get the 1020. I say this as someone who just left att for Tmobile (solely due to the cheaper pricing) after initially switching to att for the L900 last year and had no complaints with their CS, network during my time with them. You will enjoy good LTE coverage, call quality and the best selection of WP devices in the US.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the exclusivity is that great this time around. Negri is actually taking preorders on an unlocked AT&T version. Personally I'm just hoping that others aside from Europe carry a 64GB model.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
If I knew one were coming for Verizon later in the year, I would hold off on getting a 928 next month as the 1020's camera looks fantastic enough to replace my dated (but still awesome) Fujifilm digital camera.

Were are the great leaks when you need them ......?

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
yah but like the Rogers 920's, I'm afraid of data band issues.

I'm going to wait it out for now... if my 810 doesn't ger GDR2 then I think my hand will be forced

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been unable to confirm it will work. One seller told me it would not work on the current 3G/4G network but the 4GLTE "might" work. T Mo's 4G LTE network is pretty sparse now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3