XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 612
Like Tree114Likes
  1. techiedude007's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Has anyone else that has pre-ordered through the (online) MS Store (258 by the last count on the unscientific/unofficial WPC poll) seen their status get past "Order Received" on the "View Receipt" status page? Have any of you actually reached "Carrier Approval" or "Order Validation Status"?

    I spoke on the phone with a rep (for the third party website handling the orders, I think) and they said the phones would ship when they were in stock and my status would be updated then. I don't think they are aware that the phones are a pre-order and haven't been released to gen pop yet...

    Techiedude
  2. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiedude007 View Post
    Has anyone else that has pre-ordered through the (online) MS Store (258 by the last count on the unscientific/unofficial WPC poll) seen their status get past "Order Received" on the "View Receipt" status page? Have any of you actually reached "Carrier Approval" or "Order Validation Status"?

    I spoke on the phone with a rep (for the third party website handling the orders, I think) and they said the phones would ship when they were in stock and my status would be updated then. I don't think they are aware that the phones are a pre-order and haven't been released to gen pop yet...

    Techiedude
    yea no, mine has not received carrier approval yet...I'm getting worried. lol
  3. techiedude007's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xconomicron View Post
    yea no, mine has not received carrier approval yet...I'm getting worried. lol
    Wahoo!!! A lot has changed in four hours. I just checked status and the only one without a green checkmark is "Shipped" (a techie can dream, right?). So check yours now. I ordered mine on the evening of the 16th so it's been about 36-40 hours since I placed the order.

    Techiedude
  4. snguyen10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Yours is shipped!? I'm jealous! Hopefully this indicates we'll either get our phone the day of release (Friday the 26th) or before that.
  5. techiedude007's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by snguyen10 View Post
    Yours is shipped!? I'm jealous! Hopefully this indicates we'll either get our phone the day of release (Friday the 26th) or before that.
    Lol, no. "the only one without a green checkmark is "Shipped"". Keyword there is "without". It still has a red exclamation point. :(

    Of particular interest is what's below that: the Status in the "SHIPMENT 1" area, it has a link for "Approved - Awaiting Inventory". When I click the link it says "Special note for Preorders: If you placed an order for a device that is currently in preorder, we will begin shipping them in the order they were received as soon as we are authorized to release the devices." It also says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the phone you ordered is extremely popular." lol

    Don't know where I am in line (ordered around 6p on the 16th) but will remain hopeful til given reason to be otherwise lol

    All: If you pre-ordered from MS online, drop us a line here with the time/date you ordered and if you have good news for a status update.

    Techiedude
  6. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Everything I read on the site says that the status of the order basically won't update until they get the phones in, at which point they'll go ahead and get carrier approval and start shipping. But if yours got updated then that's a really good sign... mine hasn't updated... and I ordered the evening of the 16th as well...
  7. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
    Everything I read on the site says that the status of the order basically won't update until they get the phones in, at which point they'll go ahead and get carrier approval and start shipping. But if yours got updated then that's a really good sign... mine hasn't updated... and I ordered the evening of the 16th as well...
    Ditto I ordered on the evening of the 16th. Mine still has yet to be updated. I check like every 3 hours or so.
  8. Stanford Moore's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Glad I am not the only one.. I ordered mine around 2pm CST on the the 16th too.. (around when MS opened their ordering)
  9. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford Moore View Post
    Glad I am not the only one.. I ordered mine around 2pm CST on the the 16th too.. (around when MS opened their ordering)
    Lol yea, I will be pissed if somehow my order gets cancelled right at ship time. Both ATT (a preorder that I cancelled) and Simplexity took money out of my account.
  10. ratchetjaw#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,193 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Pre ordered a yellow one today after cancelling my Negri electronics one.
  11. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I still see nothing more than the first checkmark, so I e-mailed them to ask to make sure that everything is alright. Just preventative to make sure nothing stalls them shipping the phone.
  12. dogfacedsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Ordered on 7/16 around 3pm ET and was told I had a hold on transaction due to balance on account, and the Rep said AT&T would approve after balance was zeroed. She gave me the order number and told me to call back after I made payment. I made payment to AT&T and checked the order page, which said "Order Received". I called the next day to confirm I made payment, the Rep checked with AT&T account liaison and said I should be good. After a couple hours the web site had green checks for Carrier Approval and Order Validation. Shipped has red exclamation mark. Funny thing was I had previously tried to order on AT&T site for upgrade but it said I wasn't eligible, as my contract ends in December. Seems this was allowed via MS site. Ordered Yellow plus camera grip and can't wait to ditch my HTC Titan!
    techiedude007 likes this.
  13. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedsoldier View Post
    Ordered on 7/16 around 3pm ET and was told I had a hold on transaction due to balance on account, and the Rep said AT&T would approve after balance was zeroed. She gave me the order number and told me to call back after I made payment. I made payment to AT&T and checked the order page, which said "Order Received". I called the next day to confirm I made payment, the Rep checked with AT&T account liaison and said I should be good. After a couple hours the web site had green checks for Carrier Approval and Order Validation. Shipped has red exclamation mark. Funny thing was I had previously tried to order on AT&T site for upgrade but it said I wasn't eligible, as my contract ends in December. Seems this was allowed via MS site. Ordered Yellow plus camera grip and can't wait to ditch my HTC Titan!
    Interesting...My account has a zero balance already as I pay on the 6th of every month. The billing period ends though today. -Whatever, I have a feeling I did something wrong when I ordered through the MS Store. But good thing you got yours to go through! -I think that makes 2 people on this thread to have all green except for the shipping.

    Anybody else showing green checks on carrier approval and order validation from the MS Store?

    Simplexity = misnomer
    Last edited by xconomicron; 07-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.
  14. ratchetjaw#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,193 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Well mine has moved to approved waiting inventory :). Hopefully shipping soon. Would love to get it early


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    xconomicron likes this.
  15. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    I just called customer service and asked them to check the status of my order, she went and verified my carrier eligibility while I was on the phone and updated my status immediately. Now I'm at 3 green checkmarks.

    I would probably recommend that if you're only at the first check mark, that you call up and verify your order status as soon as you can!
  16. TemjinC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Had to chat with the Customer Service when I placed order and couldn't get through the Carrier Approval page. It's right now 3 Green Check Mark
  17. ratchetjaw#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,193 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TemjinC View Post
    Had to chat with the Customer Service when I placed order and couldn't get through the Carrier Approval page. It's right now 3 Green Check Mark
    I am still at one but says order approved waiting on stock
  18. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    I called them today...absolutely no informative information was given to me. Basically the rep said that I had to wait for them to get the stock in before they could carry out the other processes. I simply explained to them that other orders were receiving carrier approval and order verifications checks. The guy could not give me an answer as to why. He then restated that all orders are approved once a phone has been assigned to that order. -________- ---obviously.
  19. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    I would call again and hope to get a different rep that is more helpful, or just ask them directly to give their eligibility team a call and have them verify the order/account.

    To be fair, their online help documentation says that is normally how they work. They wait till they actually get the phone, then process the carrier eligibility, and then ship out. But seeing as how some people already got verified, I wanted to make sure I was verified and that no errors occurred once they got the phone. I just want them to ship it out as soon as possible with no hassle.

    Better safe than delayed.
  20. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Yea, I'll give them another call tomorrow. Question, when you called, did you have any problems with staying connected after you said your personal info when the automated voice asked for it? The funny thing is that sometimes when I call after I say either my order number OR phone number that is associated with the order, I automatically get disconnected. At first, I thought they were dropped calls, but I finally got to talk to a rep today after "numerous" times of trying?


    Their hours say 9am - 10pm Eastern Monday - Friday///9am - 9 pm Eastern Saturday, so I am pretty sure that I called during hours. --- I don't know why it would hang up right after saying/typing my info? --- Anyway, thanks man, I know I sound like a broken record on this thread. It's quite annoying to have to deal with this, but unfortunately as you stated...I'd rather not have a delayed phone. ---especially when they already decided to charge my account.
  21. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by xconomicron View Post
    Yea, I'll give them another call tomorrow. Question, when you called, did you have any problems with staying connected after you said your personal info when the automated voice asked for it? The funny thing is that sometimes when I call after I say either my order number OR phone number that is associated with the order, I automatically get disconnected. At first, I thought they were dropped calls, but I finally got to talk to a rep today after "numerous" times of trying?
    No disconnects for me. Nothing like that. It was a pretty quick and painless call and talk with the automated system, then transferred to a person.
  22. navidee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    I preordered mine yesterday morning. I just hope get mine by Friday. Im figuring im pretty far down on the pecking order as you all had two days up on me. Can't wait, im ready to retire my Focus!!
    Edit: just saw att sold out of preorders already. I have a bad feeling mine is going to back ordered now since I preordered so late :(
    Last edited by navidee; 07-20-2013 at 10:55 AM.
  23. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Ok, called the MS Store and again...somehow I got the same EXACT guy when I called last time. -lol. Anyway, he assured me that since my order was just an upgrade to an existing account with no change to my current plan that carrier verification is not really needed, and that they check ATT as soon as the order is placed to check upgrade eligibility. -which he said everything looks good from the ATT verification.

    Whatever, I guess we'll see soon on whether or not that is the case....
  24. xconomicron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by navidee View Post
    I preordered mine yesterday morning. I just hope get mine by Friday. Im figuring im pretty far down on the pecking order as you all had two days up on me. Can't wait, im ready to retire my Focus!!
    Edit: just saw att sold out of preorders already. I have a bad feeling mine is going to back ordered now since I preordered so late :(
    I don't know if all the preorders are sold out...as some people can still place orders for the 1020 on ATT and haven't received a backorder email yet. I wanna say since they "don't actually" have stock in since it is a preorder, that it says it is that it is out of stock???? -I could be wrong on this though. Lets hope not!
  25. GoodThings2Life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Relax folks... As it's a preorder, there is no inventories to ship yet. If you don't see any change by Wednesday (the expected ship date), then you should call for follow up.
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM
  2. MS Store and Camera Grip Colors
    By si49 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 11:49 AM
  3. Today firmware updates for lumia 920
    By brmbjn in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 06:10 AM
  4. Usable space for Lumia 925 (T-Mobile USA version)
    By bryantest in forum Nokia Lumia 925
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 12:51 AM
  5. Weight of Lumia 1020 + wireless charging cover
    By simbadogg in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 12:11 AM

Posting Permissions