Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redeyss
  • 1 Post By Beast of Haeven

Well... any idea? Or will we have to wait for someone to use it for 2-3 weeks for this issue to be verified?
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    The 920 dust issue was with a few faulty devices. It would be pretty evident if dust were present on the high res camera. Let's hope for the best

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    False, I had dust inside ffc in 4 L920s in a row. I believe that the dust enters thru earphone and by blowing out the dust there I was pushing the dust into the phone. My current 920 has no dust but that may be because I don't blow into mic to clean it, I use vacuum to suck it out. Perhaps the design is different but beware when cleaning mic.
    crash1989 likes this.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Aaannndddd, #5 Lumia 920 with dust entering ffc:'( just one speck but that's how it starts.

I might be wrong but I know I can't be the only one that read something regarding this issue for the 1020. Something about it not being a problem this time around??? I'll see if I can find it.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    It depends on how they made the front camera on the 1020. on the 920 the front camera is right next to the ear piece so dust gets in.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash1989 View Post
    The 920 dust issue was with a few faulty devices. It would be pretty evident if dust were present on the high res camera. Let's hope for the best
    I think the issue was/is fairly common and isn't related to the rear hi-res camera.
    I could be wrong but I thought Nokia had figured out a fix for this a while ago. I remember seeing an article on phonearena or the verge. If Nokia did in fact find a solution for this flaw then I see no reason why the 1020 would suffer from the same problem.
    Thanked by:
    Jaripi likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Haeven View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought Nokia had figured out a fix for this a while ago. I remember seeing an article on phonearena or the verge. If Nokia did in fact find a solution for this flaw then I see no reason why the 1020 would suffer from the same problem.
    I remember reading this as well, but I don't know where.

Still waiting for a response from someone who already has it (for maybe more than a week) to let us know if due to daily usage, dust is seen.

Not sure if you have checked out the 1020 "Ask me anything Q&A" post but it was mentioned the earpiece slot is smaller and the specific issue was fixed in later manufacturing of the 920. So no issue should exist in the 1020.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have a 1020 now and can tell you that dust in ffc looks to be impossible on this phone. The mic is much shallower than the 920's and should be easier to clean. I like Samsung's approach, making the mic screen flush with display. Any cutout is going to attract pocket dust and lint. Regardless, I'm happier with the 1020 mic design and also how the glass sits on the phone without the "frame" like 920. Great phone, get one;)!
    Last edited by redeyss; 07-28-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Editor-in-chief

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyghost View Post
    Not sure if you have checked out the 1020 "Ask me anything Q&A" post but it was mentioned the earpiece slot is smaller and the specific issue was fixed in later manufacturing of the 920. So no issue should exist in the 1020.
    +1 Nokia knows of the issue, fixed in production. I have a yellow 920 that I used everyday that was pristine vs. my day-one white one that was the opposite.

1020 is fine so far and I don't expect a problem.
    Daniel Rubino
    Editor in chief - Windows Central
    Email: daniel@windowscentral
    Twitter: @Daniel_Rubino
    Socl: Daniel Rubino