I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
LOL, just as suspected, 1020 is garbage. Even 920, which is bad on it's own, takes better pictures.

So much grain and noise... Nokia's latest cameras are terrible, I wonder if it had something to do with the departure of Damian Dinning who was a Nokia camera guru? Once he left, their cameras took a serious nose dive.

unternull, thanks for the samples.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Even 920, which is bad on it's own, takes better pictures.
I wonder if it had something to do with the departure of Damian Dinning who was a Nokia camera guru? Once he left, their cameras took a serious nose dive.

Uh, he left after the 920 was released.

Also, unternull's images aren't that great of a representation (no offense intended). The ones that crash1989 had posted on his Skydrive were much more promising, but he's since removed them.

And again, just the presence of grain or noise on its own doesn't necessarily make an image bad.

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL, just as suspected, 1020 is garbage. Even 920, which is bad on it's own, takes better pictures.

So much grain and noise... Nokia's latest cameras are terrible, I wonder if it had something to do with the departure of Damian Dinning who was a Nokia camera guru? Once he left, their cameras took a serious nose dive.

Here is one example of a troll.

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Also, unternull's images aren't that great of a representation (no offense intended). The ones that crash1989 had posted on his Skydrive were much more promising, but he's since removed them.

And again, just the presence of grain or noise on its own doesn't necessarily make an image bad.

Do not try to reason with this guy, its pointless. He's been trolling everywhere.

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Nothing ruins photos for me like noise and grain and 1020 has a lot of both.

It won't surprise me if Galaxy S4's photos will look better when they compare them. 808 no doubt beats it.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
THe problem is this is a phone. If I am going to go through all the trouble of changing those settings then why don't I just bringa really good point and shoot with me or a dslr in the first place?

The auto settings HAVE TO BE GOOD. that's the whole point. if I change all those settings I will miss the shot with a phone camera. Also the fact that this phone is $100 more on contract then the 920 is a big deal .

I agree that for a camera on a phone, the Auto Mode has to be perfect, if I wanted to play with setting for 15min before each shot I would bring a dslr with me. The main point of a phone camera is that you can quickly take it out and shoot whatever is in front of you and move on. Sure the Pro camera settings are a nice bonus if I ever want to take a really great photo and dont have a dslr around, but for the 1020 to appeal to most consumers it has to have flawless Auto Shoot Mode.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Hardly garbage. Maybe the dumbest comment yet

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree that for a camera on a phone, the Auto Mode has to be perfect, if I wanted to play with setting for 15min before each shot I would bring a dslr with me. The main point of a phone camera is that you can quickly take it out and shoot whatever is in front of you and move on. Sure the Pro camera settings are a nice bonus if I ever want to take a really great photo and dont have a dslr around, but for the 1020 to appeal to most consumers it has to have flawless Auto Shoot Mode.

I can't say I agree here. I mean how many of us bought an 808 for its awesome auto mode? Anyone buying a camera phone and is more concerned with just quick shots in auto mode, really shouldn't be worried about getting a 41mp beast with all those available settings. Don't you think? Be it the 808 or 1020.

dmuzial

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not wonder any longer that WP and Nokia numbers are not so great in US (laugh) - maybe a sales man get a better commission from S4 :p

Wouldn't be surprised. I loved the outburst about AT&T in the Zoom press conference Q&A Along the same lines as your theory.

TerryBakerII

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I own the lumia 920, and am no picture taking guru, but it takes amazing pictures, compared to other high end smart phones. I have (in great anticipation) ordeedr the Lumia 1020. I did this based on the webcast of the unveiling of the lumia 1020, as well as the photos posted by Nokia of what the 1020 shoots. It appears to be bar nun, much better than the 920 at photos. Again I am no photo guru, but a lot determines the way a photo turns out, the number one thing being the person shooting the pics. I myself think its great, and can't wait to take some great photos in Disney World with the new amazing Lumia 1020!!!

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I own the lumia 920, and am no picture taking guru, but it takes amazing pictures, compared to other high end smart phones. I have (in great anticipation) ordeedr the Lumia 1020. I did this based on the webcast of the unveiling of the lumia 1020, as well as the photos posted by Nokia of what the 1020 shoots. It appears to be bar nun, much better than the 920 at photos. Again I am no photo guru, but a lot determines the way a photo turns out, the number one thing being the person shooting the pics. I myself think its great, and can't wait to take some great photos in Disney World with the new amazing Lumia 1020!!!

I am a guru and let me tell you, 1020 does not take good pictures. Do yourself a favour, cancel the order.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am a guru and let me tell you, 1020 does not take good pictures. Do yourself a favour, cancel the order.

Looks like you are a guru of "Jumping the Gun". You have two sets of pictures.. actually 3. 1. The ones shown in Launch. 2. The ones which was leaked. The Rite Aid photos. 3. The photos from Unternell.

You don't know what is correct and what is not and remember 920 users who say that 920 takes amazing photos, cribbed about it till Nokia made is much better. And This is first generation of the new 41 MP camera. They have all the hardware in. they will tune it further if required.

So don't jump off the bridge yet. 1020 is not even launched and no hands of reviews yet. But if nokia claims something, it would be so after the debacle of using Van for the promos. They cannot afford to say something different and expecting it to sell... it wont after the first few units. they know that. They are not Apple or Samsung for all the gimmicks.

BTW this is first generation of the latest imaging.. it will only get better.

BTW since you are asking pple to cancel the order and kill the enthuciasm is either you are Jealous 808 or 920 owner or Apple Head or Sam Head.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure you have had tons of time to judge it from your own experience then, guru. I'm also sure they singled you out as a selling prospect and gave you one to play with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05