Camera Grip worth it?

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking about getting the camera grip, but I'd like to see what you guys think. Is it kind of gimmicky, or worth it?

I am planning to take a lot of pictures, but I'm not sure if turning my Lumia 1020 into an SLR is necessary. I do like the idea of the battery pack, but a little over 1000 maH isn't exactly huge.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Kind of hard to tell until people get their hands on it in the wild. The extra battery and tripod part is nice. A lot depends on just how many and how serious you are about the pictures.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's so personal and depends on your use.
The key is that tripod mount and battery happening as a extra imo. For somebody who has a blog, does video reviews camera grip is perfect. My 808 PureView was better than my 450 euros Sony HX50 back in the day on video. Especially that smooth zoom on video is so perfect for video close ups.

bygbyron3

May 23, 2013
Visit site
It's really nice, and has cool lights like Mophie cases and always uses it's battery before the phone's (or charges up the phone).

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mine free as part of preorder through Microsoft Store Online. :)

I probably wouldn't have ordered one on its own, but since it's free I'll take it. I will probably keep it handy for when I go to big events and want the extra stability and battery life and otherwise leave it in my laptop bag for "just in case" scenario.

I typically carry my phone in my pants pocket (black dress pants at work), so shouldn't be a problem without the case and just the camera hump, but with the grip would be ridiculous.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I can think of plenty of reasons to use a tripod, the first and second of which is not wanting to stand there and hold it for long periods of time or wanting to be IN the pics.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Now that my phone is actually shipping, I need to decide if I want the camera grip. I really wish the wireless back was available. That's my only real "must have" accessory right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes