Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

I have looked, but I cannot find anything regarding the wireless charging shell. When might this be available and for how much? I will admit, Nokia converted me to wireless charging and I cannot ever use another phone without it. Now I just want to find a way for my hybrid Windows 8 Laptop to charge wirelessly.

Please advise if you have information.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    I know it's on the way and I wouldn't expect it to take too long to become available.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    It might be announced when the 1020 becomes available.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Thanked by:
    Narse77 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatnup View Post
    I have looked, but I cannot find anything regarding the wireless charging shell. When might this be available and for how much? I will admit, Nokia converted me to wireless charging and I cannot ever use another phone without it. Now I just want to find a way for my hybrid Windows 8 Laptop to charge wirelessly.
    I do not think that information is out yet...anything now would just be rumors...BUT...I'd expect the case to be $40-$50 and release within the month. And it might help with your searching, but it is "CC-3066" product code.

Just the main review. Nokia Lumia 1020: Wireless Charging Cover hands on | Windows Phone Central

[Ambassadors, UNITE! hahahah]

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnup View Post

Please advise if you have information.
    All three colors were available on AT&T Premier when I ordered my phone (VERY early). I ordered a white one. They soon disappeared. My phone was sent out last night with the charging grip (did not order, but do want). On my order status page, there's a white accessory that's "processing". I'm hoping AT&T get's these in when everybody else does. I don't think they're actually in stock anywhere. I'm still waiting to see what I was charged for.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    $39.99 on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by TemjinC View Post
    $39.99 on Amazon
    Yes, but no one has them....

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJo View Post
    Yes, but no one has them....
    It will come lol, I waited almost a month for my Cyan Shell for Lumia 900.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Not to excited about the $40 for this, then the $80 for the grip, then there's the need for the wireless plate charger....on top of the initial $300

this is an expensive experiment, owned the 808, know what it's capable of, the OS just drove me nuts, have high hopes for this, just damn expensive to buy into it lol.

Amazon has listings for the Black/Yellow ones (out of stock of course) but I'm curious, is there any reason to think there won't be a White Charging Cover as well?

I picked one up at the MS Store over at University Village in Seattle. They only had black in stock, and only three of them.

So far, I'm not very happy with it. It's well designed, for what it is, but it adds that plastic lip onto what is otherwise a smooth, rounded edge of the 1020. Bleah!

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfireq View Post
    I picked one up at the MS Store over at University Village in Seattle. They only had black in stock, and only three of them.

So far, I'm not very happy with it. It's well designed, for what it is, but it adds that plastic lip onto what is otherwise a smooth, rounded edge of the 1020. Bleah!
    I agree. I also feel like the corners could be tighter. I purchased mine from the MS Store, too.

Nokia UK shows only black and yellow..no white planned currently.

Quote Originally Posted by TemjinC View Post
    $39.99 on Amazon
    $26.43 right now. Still "out of stock" but sooner or later they'll be in, I'm sure. Having a real price now should be a good sign.
    Thanked by:
    ninjaap likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Swallow View Post
    $26.43 right now. Still "out of stock" but sooner or later they'll be in, I'm sure. Having a real price now should be a good sign.
    Excellent! That's a good price. I think ill put an order in.

Global Posts
    3,036 Global Posts
    Put an order in for my future 1010! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Swallow View Post
    canceled order for 39.99 and ordered again for this lowered price

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for a Microsoft Store near me (or online) to have them in stock. I have a gift card that I'd like to use. Though, that reduced price is pretty tempting/awesome...

I wish the shell also came with extra battery space like the camera grip does.
    bawboh86 likes this.

Got it from Microsoft store. Can not get it to consistently charge. I'm very frustrated as I moved up from the 920 and have three of the standing charge plates (one for work, one for office, one for bedroom). Wife only needs one, and now appears the other two are wasted... I hate wired charging.
    Thanked by:

MS store has it. Got it on launch day.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WG Rowland View Post
    Got it from Microsoft store. Can not get it to consistently charge. I'm very frustrated as I moved up from the 920 and have three of the standing charge plates (one for work, one for office, one for bedroom). Wife only needs one, and now appears the other two are wasted... I hate wired charging.
    I had this issue. Have you tried gently pulling the wire connector prongs? That seemed to resolve the issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WG Rowland View Post
    There are a couple of other threads regarding charging cover issues. Seems that some are experiencing this problem as you are and I did.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I picked up the charging cover in my local Microsoft Store. So far, I'm impressed. It evens out the camera hump in the back, protecting the camera when you set it down on a hard surface and it doesn't have any issues charging. It also doesn't add enough bulk to be a concern, at least not to me. It's nice being able to simply set my phone down and charge it now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    So there is a slight bump in the case to protect the camera? Thats my main worry!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast