I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
On wifi, is it possible to upload full res pics to SkyDrive?

Just trying to see if there is a better way to save full res rather than going to pc and then pc -? skydrive

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
how about indoor performance compared to Lumia 920, is it still struggling with white balance? and is there any option for manual white balance? Thanks~

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Is the full-res photo saved on the phone as a JPG or some sort of RAW file? Are there going to be any tools on the PC-side for post-processing?
JPG. But watch my 2nd video in my hands on post as I speculate that they may add RAW support in the future.

No idea about post-processing PC tools. I could see Nokia doing that though.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen much talk about video. How does the "zoom reinvented" work with video? Do you edit the video after it is shot? If so, can this be done on the device?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
how about indoor performance compared to Lumia 920, is it still struggling with white balance? and is there any option for manual white balance? Thanks~
White balance is much better with or without the Xenon flash (which is really, really nice...better than the 928).

Yes, you can manually control the white balance with Pro Camera.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
How long does it take from starting camera to having picture captured?
I'm bothered with this comment from Verge
"The lag is most obvious when you’re unlocking the Lumia 1020 straight to the camera app, which takes about five seconds of holding the shutter button before you’re ready to take a picture. "
Did you notice the same?

chillychili

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to make it NOT create any 5 MP versions until you want to share something? Do you think the 5 MP version is the reason why it has such lag after taking a picture?

Do you hold it with your index finger under the bump or on the bump?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The Pro Camera is "fast" in the sense it can shoot high ISO. So you can get one really good "fast" shot. But due to the 2 sec render, you won't be able to do action shots e.g. rapid fire. That's why Nokia has Smart Cam though, which you can also make the default camera app/launcher.

To me, a major advantage of having a camera phone always available is the ability to quickly pull it out and take a picture at any time. Windows Phone makes this pretty easy.

With the 1020, if you just want to take a single shot quickly (time from phone in pocket to single picture taken), do you have to give up anything to get that? Nokia made a big deal of the ability to take the picture and then go back and perfect it later, which seems like a good idea, but maybe not if it takes longer to just take the picture in the first place.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little ocd and the 920 ear mic is a lint trap. I believe that is where dust enters ffc (I've had multiple warranty returns for this issue). In your opinion, does the mic look smaller, better designed, or shallower than the 920s?
Also, can you find time to play "skulls of the shogun" for 20 mins and see how hot the 1020 gets, my 920 burns up while gaming?;)

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
How long does it take from starting camera to having picture captured?
I'm bothered with this comment from Verge
"The lag is most obvious when you’re unlocking the Lumia 1020 straight to the camera app, which takes about five seconds of holding the shutter button before you’re ready to take a picture. "
Did you notice the same?
4-5 seconds (holding down shutter, it kicking in, launching Pro Camera, etc.)
Yeah, Pro camera takes a second to load. Can't say it's a bad thing though or something that is causing me problems.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Is there any way to make it NOT create any 5 MP versions until you want to share something? Do you think the 5 MP version is the reason why it has such lag after taking a picture?

Do you hold it with your index finger under the bump or on the bump?
No. It's 5MP + 38MP or just 5MP for saving options.

I have no idea what causes the lag...lots going on behind the scenes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb