1020 New Won't Power On...False alarm...

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1020 New Won't Power On...Help Please?

Man sorry for the alarm thread guys...I was freaking out. Recently received an HTC One that did the same thing but then actually swole up and died. Defective battery. I am running on the paranoid side now.

Thanks for jumping in to bring me back to calm mode...lol

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the same fear man. I never got a new phone before that wasnt charged up. I was worried. Then I plugged it in and the windows key started to flash, which i knew was a new feature in GDR2 that shows your phone is too dead to turn on but is charging. I was relieved. lol

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same never had a dead phone. But I am thinking since AT&T takes the liberty to pop the sim in I bet they don't bother to turn it off. Leave it on with a non activated phone, device searches for signal over and over in the box and poof dead battery and freaked out new owner...well all is well, been snapping away and getting the phone set up ever since. Happy camper overall.

SeraphicFlamingo

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue and my last phone was the HTC which also did exactly the same thing! How long do you need to leave it charging for? Mine has been plugged in for about 30 minutes and still no charge at all...