Consumer Reports claiming 1020 outperformed by Apple Iphone 4s

blackhorse6

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I like consumer reports and generally trust what they write...but gosh most every other outlet is singing praise for the 1020. Maybe they picked up a defective unit, could be lots of things.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This cracks me up. When a new phone comes out from someone other than the leaders in the mobile market, android and apple, it is always subpar in some way. It is usually apps apps apps, but the camera? Jeez that is a stretch. My 920 friggin blows away a 4s come on. I don't think from the demonstration I've seen a 1020 is a step back. Do not go off of tech reviews, go hands on. Tech reviews suck. Nuff said.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I literally fell off my chair laughing.. this author must have an apple for a brain, a rotten and maggot bitten brain at that!. As some have already said if the L920 beats it down to the netherworld and its been proven too. What chances does it have against the L1020?

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha.. This report has to be one of the most baised report i have read in recent past. Many are trying to bring Nokia and WP down.. But i dont care what they are trying to do.. The fact is Iphone no where comes near to Picture quality in Daylight and at night when compare to Lumia 920.. Dont even compare with Lumia 1020. 1020 will be far better than what iphone can give..

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll consider what CR has to say as soon as they publish some results. Until then it's just one person's bias against a sea of evidence to the contrary.

After all, a guilty criminal still has an attorney trying to convince us that the client is innocent.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Meh. They didn't care for Nokia's ability to do video in low light

quote: "
Bottom line

Color accuracy issues aside, the Lumia 1020 has one of the best still cameras we've seen on any phone?and even some point-and-shoots. But you'd better pack another smart-phone or camcorder if you're planning to shoot videos in dark environments."
Lumia 1020 Night video: Nokia Lumia 1020 Night Video Stabilization Test - YouTube

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
That video and all others I've seen contradicts CR's comment of "Under low-light conditions, video quality was only fair, appearing relatively dark with an inordinate amount of grain."

If the iphone 4s does a better job than that then kudos to them, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Remember when consumer report ragged on the iphone 4 due to the death grip? I had it and you had to really put some pressure on it for it to lose signal! C.R. is a joke and has been for sometime!! If anything the phone is getting rave reviews, especially the camera! So probably for the publicity and the author to make a name for himself he ragged on it and probably hates WP8 period.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I re-read the article on the consumer reports site and I was asked to participate in a customer satisfaction survey. I used it to call them out on that biased hit piece of a "review". I have never heard of them using a press sample to review a product before. They supposedly make retail purchases for reviews. Also, even if you don't dispute the accuracy of anything said, the headlines and captions are deliberately misleading. I told them I would not be renewing and they needed to fix their bias issues. That article was a too obvious rush to print to harm a product and it raised questions about their objectivity generally. Not one word suggesting a low light problem with stills, only video. Does the sensor shrink for videos? I wonder if they have the guts to double down on that claim in their full review.

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
That's some BS sensationalism. The Lumia is leagues above even the iPhone 5 in not only photo, but video and audio capture as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmwaJ0Ds0e0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1vKYJPUcP4

Compare the two videos... same guy recorded it. Does anyone here really think the iPhone is out performing the Lumia?

The clarity and colors on the Lumia are much better, but most noticeably listen to the Audio. My god, it is not even in the same ball park. iPhone's recording audio is completely flat and lacks detail.. Lumia on the other hand sounds like it's being recorded with professional audio equipment.

Then there's this night time video as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVv5wPeLag

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
What a joke this is. My wife has an iPhone 4s and its so far behind in picture and video quality I would not even know where to begin. iPhone 5 is nowhere near the 1020, never mind the 4s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)