Consumer Reports claiming 1020 outperformed by Apple Iphone 4s

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm seems the link isn't working which may be because consumer reports charges for their content. At any rate they claim the 1020 is subpar in lowlight video, to the point of being bested by the iphone 4s, Samsung galaxy 4 and iphone 5. Was wondering if any owners can confirm this. Somewhat disconcerting considering I have a child and am really counting on that video capability to shine.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Bs. The 920 destroys the fruit phone in low light video so there's no way the 1020 won't do the same to a larger degree. Full apple RDF in effect from these jokers.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 | Smart Phone Review - Consumer Reports Can anyone confirm the video is as bad as described?

Meh. They didn't care for Nokia's ability to do video in low light

quote: "
Bottom line

Color accuracy issues aside, the Lumia 1020 has one of the best still cameras we've seen on any phone?and even some point-and-shoots. But you'd better pack another smart-phone or camcorder if you're planning to shoot videos in dark environments."

Nothing news breaking here. But THIS they dug...
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting they didn't put up any video comparisons and don't have a comments area. If you go talking that kind of smack here and don't bring the goods to back it up you get called for BS. They didn't even provide a means to email the two guys that wrote it.

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Those fu#$% at consumer reports are just jealous. This is a demolition job to discredit Nokia/MS and sway away buyers. Dream no iphone fanboyz and Android fanboyz you do not deserve a 41 megapixel beauty. Rot in jealously.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Rubino posted a video taken outdoors in the middle of the night and it looked great to me. I have an iPhone 4 and can say it sucks in almost every way.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
With all do respect to CR, their report can't be accurate given the 1020 video samples I've seen thus far. Even the low light video capabilities of my 920 blew away a co-workers iphone when we tested them head to head in our office.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've posted two long rants on these forums about Consumer Reports Apple love. I don't have an iPhone to compare to, so I can't do a similar comparison myself, but according to CR itself most of its subscribers are Apple users, so they need to find something to make their customers feel good about their choices.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Consumer Reports?

More like Apple Reports...

At least they said it's one of the best smartphone cameras.

anon(5959407)

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Here's a nighttime video I just shot with my 1020. The second "scene" looks kind of rough, but I would attribute that to overall bad lighting and possibly a fingerprint on the lens, haha

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There have been other threads regarding CR's articles and ratings of electronics and phones to be more specific. They really shouldn't be trusted. Almost any mainstream tech sight will give you better info. The Verge review (I believe) basically said the camera blows every other phone out of the water.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, okay... I am done defending consumer reports when it come to tech especially. I will not bash he iPhone 4S+X2 or whatever it was. Never owned it. But I have seen enough of the iPhone's camera's performance to know that from one iPhone to another there has been very little actual improvements. Some shutter speed, some resolution tweaking, and oh yeah- in the iPhone 4 (or was it the "S"?), Apple actually added a FLASH!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I have heard enough of the low light shots of the 1020 to buy that is a problem. I find that curious, as Nokia hit that into the next time zone with the 920, so why get it wrong on a photo-centric device? Ether way, Nokia will have an update in less then 4 months to improve that, I am betting. Not only calling "shenanigans" on this, calling out and out bull-shenanigans. :winktongue:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem with CR is it doesn't compete in the technology anymore so its striking out just to be seen. With so many tech blogs delivering top notch information about "mobile" for free, the tech writers at CR are catering to a smaller and smaller audience and fighting for relevance. The OP's post is probably the largest audience its had in years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3