Question about group texting and email question

Stanford Moore

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When I create a group text, there is no issue (at least I hope).. But when someone else creates a group message or is sending a text through a email client I do not get the message. But my iPhone 4S still get the group message. This is a pain if a group of friends is planning dinner or happy hour and my 1020 does not get the message but my iPhone 4S does.

Is there a solution to this? I am trying to get use to the WP8, but I am finding all the small limitations.

Also I know I can link multiple emails together.... but to access them individual is a pain. Is there a way to have my emails grouped like the iPhone.. where it shows your work email, msn email, yahoo email in a list and I select which email inbox I want to check?

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My brother had an issue when he switched from his iPhone to the Samsung S4 where he wasn't able to recieve text messages. Turned out that he had to disassociate his phone number from all apple services in order for it to work. So the fact that you still receive messages on your iPhone is probably the reason why you are not getting them on WP8.

As for the emails, since it's not one common place you can just open one email app and select which inbox you want to check the only thing you can do to keep them together is to link all your accounts but you will recieve all your emails in one place.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
When I create a group text, there is no issue (at least I hope).. But when someone else creates a group message or is sending a text through a email client I do not get the message. But my iPhone 4S still get the group message. This is a pain if a group of friends is planning dinner or happy hour and my 1020 does not get the message but my iPhone 4S does.

Is there a solution to this? I am trying to get use to the WP8, but I am finding all the small limitations.

Also I know I can link multiple emails together.... but to access them individual is a pain. Is there a way to have my emails grouped like the iPhone.. where it shows your work email, msn email, yahoo email in a list and I select which email inbox I want to check?

For the picking your email from a selector, why not just have a shortcut to each email on your start screen? It's the same number of clicks to swap accounts, but is much quicker at jumping into the account that you want to go directly to.

As for the text messages, it is because Apple hijacked your phone number in a sense with iMessage. All of your friends that have iMessage will continue to send messages to your iMessage account until you disassociate your phone number from iMessage. You should be able to find instructions for this through a good google search. My son had the same problem. Has nothing to do with group messages. Just iMessage in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers