Camera Grip Causing Issues

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
For some reason when I got the camera grip, it grew on me to the point where I liked it so much I use it all the time as my everyday case. Anyways, I have noticed some stranger behavior that the camera grip can cause, most notably the complete loss off cellular and data reception. Randomly it seems my phone will lose all signal and the only way I have found to correct this is to completely turn off the phone, remove the grip, and turn the phone back on. I think the cell antennas for the phone are in the bottom near the USB, but the camera grip is not blocking them because it works fine 99% of the time.

I am not 100% sure, but I think this glitch occurs precisely when the camera grip empties ofcharge andyour phone starts consuming power from its own internal battery.

Anyone else experience this issue? I wil comment back with more info as I run some further testing this week.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad. I was considering using using the Camera Grip as an everyday case as well when I get mine. I hope you get it resolved.

Yeah i mean otherwise I don't have any complaint. It is a beast to be reckoned with in the camera grip in my pocket, but I love it (wish jt offered just slightly more screen protection) and maybe was yellow (my store only had black and said att won't ever sell yellow).
Just annoying once a day gotta power cycle phone and pop from case. I will see if a simple airplane mode flicker can solve this software glitch.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
How does the camera grip fit in your pocket? Does it feel bulky and awkward as an everyday case?

Fits in my pocket well. Not too heavy, I feel like the 1020 + camera grip is the same weight as the 920. It is kinda bulky which ordinarily I would not be a fan of, but it just looks so good. I am sure most people could not stand it as their everyday case.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when I got the camera grip, it grew on me to the point where I liked it so much I use it all the time as my everyday case. Anyways, I have noticed some stranger behavior that the camera grip can cause, most notably the complete loss off cellular and data reception. Randomly it seems my phone will lose all signal and the only way I have found to correct this is to completely turn off the phone, remove the grip, and turn the phone back on. I think the cell antennas for the phone are in the bottom near the USB, but the camera grip is not blocking them because it works fine 99% of the time.

I am not 100% sure, but I think this glitch occurs precisely when the camera grip empties ofcharge andyour phone starts consuming power from its own internal battery.

Anyone else experience this issue? I wil comment back with more info as I run some further testing this week.

I ran the camera grip down to zero the other day and never experienced this, but I will test further. I have the black camera grip, if it matters.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my camera grip since Friday full time and have not had any problems. I will keep an eye on signal strength.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It happened again to me today just this morning. It did not occur this time when battery power was shifting. It just randomly occurred about 1 hour after I took it off charge, as it was sitting on my desk. I looked over and had no service. Took it over to the window where I get full bars normally and nothing. I even let it sit for about 45 minutes to see if service would return and no luck.

I was however able to fix it by simple toggling the airplane mode. No need to remove from camera grip or reboot. I am now wondering if this is unrelated to the camera grip and maybe a faulty device. I will remove the phone from the camera grip tomorrow and for a few days to see if it happens anymore. So odd.

I ran the camera grip down to zero the other day and never experienced this, but I will test further. I have the black camera grip, if it matters.

That would be good if others could do some passive testing. The only reason I think it is related to the camera grip is because I never had this issue the three days before I used the camera grip, but got it three days after I did have it on. Still could be unrelated I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs