Tips, Tricks, Settings and App Suggestions

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit it upfront: I'm a n00b to WP8. I've been suffering with a stock gen1 Titan for the past 18 months. What might be commonplace/basic/id10t knowledge to you is "BAM! That's some seriously cool shizzle!" to me. With that said, I thought it might be cool/helpful to keep a running post on settings that people new to WP8 might not know about (like yours truly). This could be OS-related, app-related, camera-related (doesn't have to be 1020-related), general settings related, etc. Leave your coolest tips here and let others benefit from your infinite wisdom :) (and let's face it, not all of us RTFM). And if you happened to have seen it posted by someone else, give some cred where it's due. People always love to get shout-outs/props amongst their peers ;)

Also, are you looking for an app that does something in particular? Ask here; chances are someone else may have found that diamond in the rough amongst our 165,000 apps now available...

I'll start us off with two that I've seen posted recently regarding the Glance screen and one I just accidentally found while scrolling through the phone:

Double tap the Glance screen to get to the lock screen. No need to reach for the power button. - From Wheelerk.

Night/red mode for Glance screen: Settings --> Display+Touch --> Glance --> Night mode. This changes the Glance screen to use a red hue instead of the default white. Great for the nightstand ;) - From Paddylaz (I personally use this setting all day...)

Just noticed that I can assign certain apps (up to five!) to the lock screen for "notifications": Settings --> Lock Screen --> Notifications (you can even add the WPCentral app if you own it!). - From Techiedude

What bits of knowledge/tips on WP8 can you share?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is one from me
Use apps like MPATool in case you live in regions where xbox music is not available and the your music tile doesn't show the album art. You can manually set album art or auto assign images using MAPTool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05