is the L1020 a big seller?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say with only a week out there and no numbers. But with the price tag and touted for it's camera, it's not going to be for everyone. It will be interesting to see some numbers because I think there is a market for it.

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Coming from me, someone who hasn't owned a Nokia phone since 2003. Nokia / Windows Phone is extremely niche in comparison to the other two. I'm transitioning because all I really care about on a phone is the camera. I originally got the 4s a while back because it was one of the better camera phones but it's been completely surpassed at this point and I don't think anything will beat the Lumia 1020 for a while.

The high price tag, the fact it's niche (windows phone) and only available on one carrier (at&t).. I think the numbers will be below expectations, but hopefully I am wrong.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it came in with such a high prices to boost the high end numbers.. It is not expected to be selling in droves.. I think once the supply increases and the next lumia high end is release it will go to 150 or 199 and be selling good.. It may sell well in UK and Europe.. esp; with the 64 GBs.

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think they will sell quite a few. My parents are both commoners (they don't follow the tech world and only use their tablets for the browser) and they have been asking me about it.

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
At the small AT&T store where I went last Friday, they said they had 40 in stock at the start of the day and had sold over half by 6pm. They were out of stock on black and many accessories. I got the last camera grip and another customer was really disappointed went I was checking out.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it won't sell as much as the other devices on the market.

If you think as big a seller as the Iphone and the GS4? No

If you think a big seller as for the current market right now? Possibly, it does attract photo enthusiasts and those wanting something different but sales will be limited due to AT&T only device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans