1020...return or exchange, that is the question.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I need opinions people, please! I've been playing with my 1020 since I bought it off-contract on release day a week ago and it's been great. Yesterday I put my SIM in and put it on the charger over night after some web and forum browsing. Woke up today and pulled it off the charger and noticed it was at 87% battery fresh off charger. Then dropped to 85% in about five minutes. I soft reset and it went back to 90%. I used the phone lightly throughout the morning and then took some pics of the kids. Battery seems really weak and was tanking pretty fast. Next, I was looking thru pic gallery and decided to plug into charger and when I did the bottom quarter of the lock screen only lit up with the rest of screen black. Hit power button a couple times and it settled back to normal. Then, about three hours later I'm checking emails, hit power button and glance screen pops up but phone freezes solid. Had to do a soft reset (power+vol down) to unfreeze. I've been thru a few 920s and couple 820s for similar problems and really wanted to have a good experience with this 1020. What do you think, roll the dice and exchange or return and go back to the 920 until Nokia and Microsoft iron out the bugs?!

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have only had my 1020 a little over 24hrs. The battery has been every bit as good as the 920 was and I have yet to have a lock up. Just like the 920 you can save battery by turning off Bluetooth when it's not in use. I find leaving it on drained my 920 fast. Also the double tab to wake says it will use more battery but so far to me it's been fine. Did you have it lock up on you from the start or is it recent? Also there are tons of things like poor cellular reception that can cause battery drain.

Another thing quit watching the battery level and just use the phone. I have noticed the battery level reporting in WP* to be a bit poor. Just because it reports a 3% drain doesn't mean it's the case just as your soft reset shows.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There's another oddity, I have done a restore from my 920 to the 1020 and it's only showing about 6 apps that I can block vs. about 15 on my 920. Others show in "advanced" and says I can't block.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
There's another oddity, I have done a restore from my 920 to the 1020 and it's only showing about 6 apps that I can block vs. about 15 on my 920. Others show in "advanced" and says I can't block.

What apps? What versions? You are posting issues with little to no information.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Updates for 9 apps just popped up, installing now. Will update whether they show up as blockable after. Here drive+ from beta version is a big one.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Long time 920 user here, I know most of the tricks and hiding the battery bar is one of the reasons I like the OS. Battery will get better, it the freezing that's got me worried.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I need opinions people, please! I've been playing with my 1020 since I bought it off-contract on release day a week ago and it's been great. Yesterday I put my SIM in and put it on the charger over night after some web and forum browsing. Woke up today and pulled it off the charger and noticed it was at 87% battery fresh off charger. Then dropped to 85% in about five minutes. I soft reset and it went back to 90%. I used the phone lightly throughout the morning and then took some pics of the kids. Battery seems really weak and was tanking pretty fast. Next, I was looking thru pic gallery and decided to plug into charger and when I did the bottom quarter of the lock screen only lit up with the rest of screen black. Hit power button a couple times and it settled back to normal. Then, about three hours later I'm checking emails, hit power button and glance screen pops up but phone freezes solid. Had to do a soft reset (power+vol down) to unfreeze. I've been thru a few 920s and couple 820s for similar problems and really wanted to have a good experience with this 1020. What do you think, roll the dice and exchange or return and go back to the 920 until Nokia and Microsoft iron out the bugs?!

I was having the same issue as yours as well. I thought my battery was a dud, it would never fully charge past 87 % even after being on the charger all night and the charger took a long time to charge. Finally did a soft reset today and all is well. Only problem now for some strange issue is that every now and then I get the green screen for my camera. I might take mines back for an exchange though.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
@techie, accident, was trying to quote. I actually thought that was a great reply.

Thnx redeyss :) I don't think it was an accident though...the post I was responding to was deleted as well. Guess they're trying to prevent a flame war lol

I still have the original webpage loaded on my desktop from when I posted it (un-refreshed) so I can refer to it throughout the day and get a lite chuckle when needed ;) I'm actually silently chuckling just thinking about it as I type this...

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use board express and thought I deleted by accident:-o
I would be shocked if a mod deleted two posts. Anyways, I had an HTC one for a short time and am just soooo uninterested in android right now. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have bugs with this 1020. I'm using it today and tmro and will have to decide by Sunday whether I should keep, exchange, or return. My 920 is rock solid and that makes the decision so much harder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills