Scanning issues with the camera?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the myfitnesspal app on a daily basis to track my diet. One of the features I love is the ability to scan the bar code of an item and have the dietary info automatically entered. Well, it doesn't work now that I have the 1020. The camera can't seem to focus on the bar code. Is anyone else running into similar issues?

tarpido

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I faced this issue, then realized if you keep your phone little further from the barcode so that image becomes clear. Then scanning works. I'm wondering if it is because scanning app is not able to focus properly with this unusual camera.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
There's a minimum distance at which the camera can focus. If you start the QR code scanning process too close, it may or may not have trouble focusing even if you move the phone far enough away. You may need to hit back and then restart the scanning process. I tested with a tape measure and found the minimum focus distance to be around 9-10cm (3.5 - 4").

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, it would be fixed if they allowed zooming since we have so many megapixels to do it with..

QR Barcodes work okay, but UPC barcodes definitely do not work. UPC barcodes seem to need to be right on top of the camera or they won't register.

leonalewis

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I use the myfitnesspal app on a daily basis to track my diet. One of the features I love is the ability to scan the bar code of an item and have the dietary info automatically entered. Well, it doesn't work now that I have the 1020. The camera can't seem to focus on the bar code. Is anyone else running into similar issues?
i also found such a problem discussion , is it sth.related the barcode scanner app crush ?
5MP Camera that doesn't seem to FOCUS! - Lenovo Community

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3