T-Mobile - Internet Sharing Broken

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
1st thing I did was get Access Point installed and working.. Still no joy. I keep getting a screen asking me to upgrade service even though my TMobile plan already has the feature ( and verified that I have not gone over the 500MB sharing limit) I've pretty much given up on this capability. Maybe TMO will eventually get the phone and I can flash their ROM. In another thread here, many have run into this too, and there doesn't seem to be a workaround. When the 920 came out, people with unlocked ATT phones were able to install a keyboard language that forced and update which then allowed Internet Sharing to work; but this didn't happen on my 1020..

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
access point is the problem. i tried without access point it worked then i installed access point and got what u described. hard reset the phone and try adding the apns manually. that worked for me

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks qu3st - I'm doing that right now. I also called T-Mobile and upped my plan. Apparently the Unlimited 4G with 500MB shared is not qualified for this service; so they have upped my plan to Unlimited with 2GB Shared HotSpot. I think that is why I kept failing even before the Access Point. It is spelled out pretty clearly on the FAQ's that pop up; I just didn't bother reading them until now..

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
u dont need the extra data it works with the 4g unlimited with 500 mb. they just told you that to sell try with just the 4g with 500 mb, thats what i have. let me know if it works.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No joy - worked once; then reverted back to the ATT Connection not Shared message..

Access Point is the issue, there are lot of users including me using the Rogers 920 with broken internet sharing after installing it, w/o AP internet sharing works but sending/receiving MMS becomes dicey

Steven Curl

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine wasn't working, but I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard, and then uninstalled it, and the internet sharing now works. I have AP installed as well.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine wasn't working, but I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard, and then uninstalled it, and the internet sharing now works. I have AP installed as well.

I tried installing the Spanish keyboard, but still didn't work; question - when you say you 'uninstalled' it, did you just long press and remove, or actually uninstall completely? I know how to remove, but have not been able to figure out how to uninstall.

Thx

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Steven..tried and with another language too..yesterday I even went around the block to my T-Mobile store and changed out to another SIM .. my phone is just selfish and obstinate..refuses to share..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs