Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Not a big deal.. Everything else is working great. Tried soft resets; anyone have a solution?
    Huh huh.. Hey Beavis, My Avatar says 'Member'..

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    weird its working for me just tried it. connects to my computer.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    photo-1.jpg

Hope they get this figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochian2010 View Post
    Not a big deal.. Everything else is working great. Tried soft resets; anyone have a solution?
    I thought I read a "hard-reset" corrects this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wariscoming View Post
    I thought I read a "hard-reset" corrects this.
    Definitely does not. Had to hard reset for other reasons today and of course checked this out; not working..

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Do u have access point installed?
  8.    #8  
    1st thing I did was get Access Point installed and working.. Still no joy. I keep getting a screen asking me to upgrade service even though my TMobile plan already has the feature ( and verified that I have not gone over the 500MB sharing limit) I've pretty much given up on this capability. Maybe TMO will eventually get the phone and I can flash their ROM. In another thread here, many have run into this too, and there doesn't seem to be a workaround. When the 920 came out, people with unlocked ATT phones were able to install a keyboard language that forced and update which then allowed Internet Sharing to work; but this didn't happen on my 1020..

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    access point is the problem. i tried without access point it worked then i installed access point and got what u described. hard reset the phone and try adding the apns manually. that worked for me
  10.    #10  
    Thanks qu3st - I'm doing that right now. I also called T-Mobile and upped my plan. Apparently the Unlimited 4G with 500MB shared is not qualified for this service; so they have upped my plan to Unlimited with 2GB Shared HotSpot. I think that is why I kept failing even before the Access Point. It is spelled out pretty clearly on the FAQ's that pop up; I just didn't bother reading them until now..

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    u dont need the extra data it works with the 4g unlimited with 500 mb. they just told you that to sell try with just the 4g with 500 mb, thats what i have. let me know if it works.
  12.    #12  
    No joy - worked once; then reverted back to the ATT Connection not Shared message..

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    sorry dont know what else to try. if i find anything ill keep you updated.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by antiochian2010 View Post
    No joy - worked once; then reverted back to the ATT Connection not Shared message..
    Access Point is the issue, there are lot of users including me using the Rogers 920 with broken internet sharing after installing it, w/o AP internet sharing works but sending/receiving MMS becomes dicey
    Thanked by:

Mine wasn't working, but I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard, and then uninstalled it, and the internet sharing now works. I have AP installed as well.
    Thanked by:
    pankaj981 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Curl View Post
    Mine wasn't working, but I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard, and then uninstalled it, and the internet sharing now works. I have AP installed as well.
    Can you put some notes so as to what did you do?
    xandros9 likes this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Curl View Post
    I tried installing the Spanish keyboard, but still didn't work; question - when you say you 'uninstalled' it, did you just long press and remove, or actually uninstall completely? I know how to remove, but have not been able to figure out how to uninstall.

Thx

Just long press Remove, sorry about the confusion.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks Steven..tried and with another language too..yesterday I even went around the block to my T-Mobile store and changed out to another SIM .. my phone is just selfish and obstinate..refuses to share..
    Huh huh.. Hey Beavis, My Avatar says 'Member'..

And to confirm you have the APN settings from the other thread (set through Settings > Cellular)?

APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    User Name: Blank
    Password: Blank
    Proxy: Blank
    Port: Blank
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Port: 80
    MMS Size: Blank
  21.    #21  
    Yep; I even have those memorized.

So I have a Yellow AT&T unlocked and using on T-Mobile USA.

Back when I used to do ROM flashing on my Lumia 900, I noticed that sometimes Nokia had different ROMs for different colors of phone - why, I don't know. But I'm wondering if my phone has a type of ROM dedicated to the Yellow that is getting in the way of this feature.

In the end it's ok; I use it 99% for updating my Kindle on the road. That I can also do from any Starbucks Wifi; at least Web, Picture Messaging and all other important things are working. I am just trying to get this to work since it's last on my list..

I too have the yellow one. I'm at a loss why yours isn't working. I'm in a refarmed and LTE area (Portland), maybe there's just something about the coverage where you live :-/

Same thing with me.
  24.    #24  
    OKAY.... Something else weird happened. My signal dropped to 4G and guess what - My Internet Sharing worked FINE. Connected a device, ran it, all was working great. Disconnected and reconnected; and everything was great.
    Then.. my signal went back to LTE and my Internet Sharing is broken again..

So now I know that it IS possible on my phone to do..

Now for the next wave of research..
    xandros9 likes this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    My Internet Sharing is also not working. I have tried with and without the manual APN settings. LTE works fine. I've never been in an area where it drops down to 3G yet.

What is the Access Point that everyone is talking about?

Any new solutions to this problem?

Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast