CR-200 and Lumia 1020 Really (Really) hot after charging

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the CR-200 and the Lumia 1020. When I use it to charge to and from work, or as a GPS, when I take it out of the CR-200 the 1020 is almost to hot to touch.

When I charge it on the wireless charging plate that I got with my Lumia 920 it gets slightly warm but I expect that, on the CR-200 it gets really really hot.

Anyone have similar experience or any advice?

Thanks!

Kevin

fran9

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have sort of the same issue. When using my 1020 it gets hot around the camera area even if I am not using the camera (just surfing the web or listening to music). It actually gets as hot as I have ever had on any phone and feels like it was laying under the plain sun for hours. I really don't know what could be causing this issues, perhaps it's some app, but it was doing that as soon as I picked it up, brand new.

cloeren

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You have to take good care of your phone, your phone is one of the newest models of futuristic styles of technology. It is normal for the phone to get hot after charging even while charging, of course it needs more energy because everything is updated from OS to chips and processors, so don't panic. - Mallory Fleming

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mallory,

Thanks for the response.

I totally understand that it is normal for a phone to get hot after charging, I have had several windows phones since launch and know that each one has its own degree of "getting hot" while charging.

As I pointed out in my OP, the 1020 does get warm when charging on the wireless charging plate and that seems normal to me however on the CR-200 it literally gets almost to hot to touch, after less than 20 minutes, maybe you are correct and that is normal but I would feel a lot better if some other 1020 users with the CR-200 posted that they were experiencing the same issue.

Again, thanks for your input

Kevin

Michael Amick

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've only had the Nokia Lumia 100 for 2 days, but I noticed also that the round black camera area gets much hotter than one would expect, even when not using the camera. My battery didn't last one day! I have to research it some, to see how I cam make sure the camera app is off when not in use.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The camera hump will get hot when doing any kind of CPU-intensive stuff on the phone for a while - doesn't have to be camera-related. I guess they used it as a heatsink. If it gets hot when you're not actually doing anything, that's a good sign there's something going on behind the scenes that you should put a stop to. Block all background tasks, power the phone off and on, etc. With some care, it's actually possible to get 3 days of battery life with this phone with light use. I'm charging it every other night now instead of every night like I did with my previous phone.

Rick Seneris Sr

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I got mine 2 days ago and I am returning it back to AT&T. It gets real hot even if the camera is not being used. To me this is not normal. It most likely will shorten the life of some of the electronic components and may even explode when it is used heavily.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've seen these types of complaints in forums with just about every phone I've owned, that includes WM, Android and WP. Its never "really hot" as users explained it to be. I've experienced it on all my phones. It could get warmer than usual though. If it does get really hot then the OS will shut itself down or may reset itself, which is a safety measure. If it gets too hot for you, just turn your phone off for about a minute and turn it back on should help.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've seen these types of complaints in forums with just about every phone I've owned, that includes WM, Android and WP. Its never "really hot" as users explained it to be. I've experienced it on all my phones. It could get warmer than usual though. If it does get really hot then the OS will shut itself down or may reset itself, which is a safety measure. If it gets too hot for you, just turn your phone off for about a minute and turn it back on should help.

Ditto....my Droids would always get very hot while charging and it seemed worse (although maybe I just noticed it more) when I used the designed car chargers.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I got mine 2 days ago and I am returning it back to AT&T. It gets real hot even if the camera is not being used. To me this is not normal. It most likely will shorten the life of some of the electronic components and may even explode when it is used heavily.

My 920 does the same thing and many other have reported it. It's always very hot after charging it while plugged in and less so if searching the web or using maps. These Nokia phones just get hot when used...my Iphones also became hot during constant use. Electronic components can take pretty high temps without failing; laptops and desktops components are still very hot, despite the cooling fan powering on and doing it's job. I wouldn't worry about the heat, my 920 is coming up on a year and I haven't had any issues with it.

bkydcmpr

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have sort of the same issue. When using my 1020 it gets hot around the camera area even if I am not using the camera (just surfing the web or listening to music). It actually gets as hot as I have ever had on any phone and feels like it was laying under the plain sun for hours. I really don't know what could be causing this issues, perhaps it's some app, but it was doing that as soon as I picked it up, brand new.

I have the same issue, and the same thought about the software issue. I'm not sure which app or apps may cause the problem, but once it started getting hot, the battery drains like crazy (I guess would drain a fully charged battery in 5 hours). Do a soft reset (power + volume down) temporarily fix the problem, but it may happen again any time when something was triggered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky