Can't send/recieve MMS on Tmobile - worked before, doesn't now.

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to send or receive MMS on my 1020 anymore. This is weird because I was able to recieve an MMS the other day.

My settings have both the internet apn and mms apn set as fast.t-mobile.com as well as the the http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/wapenc for the MMSC.

What could I could do to fix this? I've already tried soft resetting.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Two things I can think of - Access Point is finally available for the 1020, download from the app store, install and open to verify the settings are in place.

If it doesn't work then, call 611 and ask them to do a network refresh..

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Funnily enough, I didn't install Access Point until this morning because my internet tethering wasnt working and some people said it would if I downloaded Access Point.
If anything, it seems that Access Point screwed it up. I tried making a new profile on Access Point with the same settings to see if that would fix anything, but it didn't.

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried manually inputting the epc into MMS but it still didn't work.
However after that I tried going into Access Point and resetting it to the default Tmobile settings through there.
Afterwards I checked under settings if Access Point had changed the epc to fast and it didn't.

Does access point not change the settings?

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
dont know much about that app. i would say delete the app and try manually inputting everything. if u want i can give u my settings. i have everything working including wifi tethering.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Nik Kunkel,

This bites...I was going to jump on the 1020 on T-Mobile too. Hope you get this resolved...

Just for sanity check, this is what I'm seeing on my L810, in my Access Point setting, my connection name is T-Mobile. In the "MMSC address" box, I have http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc. But this text box doesn't allow me to change it even if I want to. And the "Network type" is IPv4. Authentication type is "none" What does yours show?

In the past, I noticed that I have to turn on my data to send/receive MMS (with pictures).

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine says the same., and my data is on as well.
I'm about to go to the Palo Alto Microsoft store to see if they can figure it out. Da

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just found out.. If you get access point, you HAVE to go back to settings..cellular..and delete any APN settings there. Then MMS should resume correctly

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just found out.. If you get access point, you HAVE to go back to settings..cellular..and delete any APN settings there. Then MMS should resume correctly

THIS! Thank you, after following your advice and pressing delete on the apn fields and leaving them, everything seems to work perfectly.
It seems that AccessPoint does not play nice with the manual settings even if they're set to the same exact thing.

Emilian Tuns

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
hi there, can anybody give me directios in details step by step how to set an unlocked nokia lumia 1020 to get mms and internet,...i tryed lots of staf,...i talked even with a tmobile customer service director and the guy couldnt help me...
so i have a nokia lumia 1020 i bought it from amazon, unlocked it ( cuz its locked on AT&T ) but i cant send data,...pls help me!!!!

Emilian Tuns

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
hi there, can anybody give me directios in details step by step how to set an unlocked nokia lumia 1020 to get mms and internet,...i tryed lots of staf,...i talked even with a tmobile customer service director and the guy couldnt help me...
so i have a nokia lumia 1020 i bought it from amazon, unlocked it ( cuz its locked on AT&T ) but i cant send data,...pls help me!!!!

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Im having an issue receiving mms..when I hit download it says its working but than does nothing

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I can send but not receive on tmobile 925..when I tap download it tried but nothing happens

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb