Nokia Lumia 1020 sans contract

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to buy a Nokia Lumia 1020 from an AT&T store without a contract? Will AT&T still require service with the phone? Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're willing to pay full price, they certainly wouldn't require a contract or service. Why would they?

Note that doesn't mean you can just pop it on somebody else's network of course...

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you're willing to pay full price, they certainly wouldn't require a contract or service. Why would they?

Note that doesn't mean you can just pop it on somebody else's network of course...

Well I have no issue with paying full price for the phone, I've just heard others says that they won't sell you a phone without service regardless if you buy it outright. I just wanted to ask and make sure.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk 2

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a prepaid gophone account. Just tell the store reps you are going to activate a prepaid account in the near future if they even question;) Ask for a SIM card to make it look more legit.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a prepaid gophone account. Just tell the store reps you are going to activate a prepaid account in the near future if they even question;) Ask for a SIM card to make it look more legit.

Ah smart man, thank you for the advice

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I have no issue with paying full price for the phone, I've just heard others says that they won't sell you a phone without service regardless if you buy it outright. I just wanted to ask and make sure.

after viewing the forums tonight I saw the same references. Seems very bizarre! Though they said you can get it at ms store with no service.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I plan on picking one up later this week and I just wanted to see if service was required. I dont have a MS Store in my town ( I live in Vegas) and just wanted to see how it was for others.

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
@Coolaaron88,

According to microsoftstore.com there's a Microsoft Store at 3200 Las Vegas Blvd S. in Las Vegas.

I also heard that Vegas may be one of the potential 500 Best Buy retail locations to get their own dedicated Windows store department (much like Apple currently in BB). So your chances of getting a 1020 in the Microsoft Store has been increased 1020 fold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans