My 1020 got so much attention

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I was going around taking pictures of friends and family at my cousin's wedding yesterday, and just about everyone asked if it (1020) was that 41mp phone? Even the waiter, whom I've had take a group picture of us, told me that "this puts the iPhone 5 to shame" as he was handing it back to me. I said your words, not mine. And smiled. I had fun showing off the zoom and the cinemagraph Nokia app. I'm so happy that I decided to upgrade from my 920. :) Now heading over to Santa Monica Pier and be all touristy, before we head back to Vegas today.

brandoshido

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I was going around taking pictures of friends and family at my cousin's wedding yesterday, and just about everyone asked if it (1020) was that 41mp phone? Even the waiter, whom I've had take a group picture of us, told me that "this puts the iPhone 5 to shame" as he was handing it back to me. I said your words, not mine. And smiled. I had fun showing off the zoom and the cinemagraph Nokia app. I'm so happy that I decided to upgrade from my 920. :) Now heading over to Santa Monica Pier and be all touristy, before we head back to Vegas today.

Same happened to me at work. I don't have cable, so I've not seen the concert commercial. But everyone was like" oh is that the 41MP camera one form the concert commercial?" It was a big hit, nice to see people know of a wp that actually exists.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just walked into an AT&T store and held one for my first time. Once again, Nokia has made an incredibly good feeling (and looking of course) phone. Jealous of all you AT&Ters... Verizon just doesn't love me enough.

wb3052

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Singapore is iphone city. Suitable as fashion accessory for fashionista ladies when at Orchard Road. Unlike big gross ugly Nokia which simply does not match the dress ..toot..toot.. :). Who cares if it takes lousy pics.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Singapore is iphone city. Suitable as fashion accessory for fashionista ladies when at Orchard Road. Unlike big gross ugly Nokia which simply does not match the dress ..toot..toot.. :). Who cares if it takes lousy pics.

Oh well. What can you do? I like to be different.

Lumia 8x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

So is my hHTC8x with red ccolor. Gets alot of attention.

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site

lol just gtfo with your inferior camera.

images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images

Last edited:

seelani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well truth be told spotting a lumia out in the wild in Singapore is already a major feat.
but @lastbattle get any attention from your friends or general public when you whip out your phone? my friends who are die-hard iphone users love the look of my 820. :D

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
well truth be told spotting a lumia out in the wild in Singapore is already a major feat.
but @lastbattle get any attention from your friends or general public when you whip out your phone? my friends who are die-hard iphone users love the look of my 820. :D

Mostly friends I guess.. you know, people don't usually talk to strangers here.
Such as trains, it feels like its packed with zombies. They are only focusing on what they are doing, and tend to avoid having eye contact with anyone despite being so close. Some just pretend to be asleep.

seelani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
if i do see someone with a 1020 ill be sure to say hi, you're probably one of the few in SG with a 1020.
seriously i think that the design of WP and lumias are highly appealing....
renders-130618.jpg
look familiar?

wb3052

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, the single color machined polycarbonate casing has been Nokia's unique contribution to the smartphone world(started with N9) which has been copied by other manufacturer's because they look so appealing. Technically it does looks like Apple has has lost the ability to innovate the smartphone, most of the low hanging fruits has already been plucked. You might even argue that the last "true" hardware engineering(not software) smartphone innovation for the last two years has been Nokia's 41MP pureview camera imaging.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

You're right, when I visited there at around April, I just saw one user using the red Lumia 920.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Everybody in my class has an Apple device as their primary device, except one android user and a Windows Phone user (Me) :)

I was hanging out with my cousins (non had WP) yesterday and we were all sitting around in the living room, on our phones, and they all enjoyed the pics I posted on my FB during our stay in LA. One cousin especially liked the ones I took using the Nokia Smart Cam app - I had my wife run across the beach and had multiple instances of her on the same pic. But then in the same breath he asked me "Why do you like Nokia so much? You just like being different huh?" In my head I was thinking "you tell me the camera is awesome on this phone and you still ask me why I like Nokia?" But I didn't say it out loud, because I didn't want to get into an Android vs WP discussion with my cousins whom I haven't seen in a long time. Instead I just asked him "Why do you like the Seahawks so much when you live in SoCal? You just want to be different huh?" LOL (its an NFL reference if you don't get it).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Technically it does looks like Apple has has lost the ability to innovate the smartphone, most of the low hanging fruits has already been plucked.

Oh but you are so wrong; the iPhone 5s is reported to have a fingerprint scanner! Imagine!! Never mind that PDA's had them years ago. But trust Apple to present it as a big new innovation. I would think Apple could have implemented something more useful like wireless charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb