Anyone experience a Green Screen after using the camera for a while?

kenstockwell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
My power went off tonight so I was taking quite a few pics (20-30) in candlelight testing out the low light capabilities. At some point I exited the camera app (nokia pro) and when I went back into it, all I got was a very bright green screen showing up. Scared the crap out of me (I've only had the 1020 for 4 days). I did a soft reboot and everything seems fine now.

Anyone seen this before? Maybe a heating issue?

Makes me wonder if I should take out the MS warranty...

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not on this camera but on my 521.

You know what though - the green 'photo' actually makes a unique lockscreen image!

On the 521, I had this happen 2x in a row, the first produced a solid green photo, the next attempt before I gave up and rebooted produced kind of a weird green matrix pattern.

Last edited:

eismaiden

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Have had the camera since about February (original one bought October suddenly crashed and refused to revive despite all the efforts of P4U).
Green screen today while trying to take a pic, had run very low after lonnnnng trip yesterday, switched it off and on again in the style of the IT Crowd and was fine. Would have tried the soft reboot option otherwise re advice on this forum. This also corrected a problem with holding charge recently (I don't have *that* many apps stored on there.
Scary!!! - will keep an eye on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills