Anyone else find call volume too low?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely a sweet spot with the Lumia 1020. Once you hit it, and you'll know you hit it, calls are loud and clear. I did this also with the Lumia 900 and 920, albeit to a lesser degree. I've experienced this with other phones, more recently the S4 Active. I think it is a design issue along with a little bit of operator variance - not necessarily wrong but different.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine also appears to be a bit low. Seem ok with my bluetooth with it's volume turned up though. Still getting used to it (just got it today), but the call sound quality seems to be a bit lower than my previous cheap ole pantech.

Steve

LiveTilesRus

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I paid more attention to the sweet spot and it helps. Thanks. I would still prefer it be louder.

There is definitely a sweet spot with the Lumia 1020. Once you hit it, and you'll know you hit it, calls are loud and clear. I did this also with the Lumia 900 and 920, albeit to a lesser degree. I've experienced this with other phones, more recently the S4 Active. I think it is a design issue along with a little bit of operator variance - not necessarily wrong but different.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using NL920 previously.
Call volume is very low in 1020.
strange part is, when i do skype call , call vloume is great but on regular GSM Calls, call volume is far lower.
even my 2 years old Galaxy Note sound much better then Lumia 1020

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Similar issues started after OTA amber update.
If I have the call on loud speaker at 10, it starts of like normal audio and then drops down to next to nothing.
Same issue with the regular audio where it starts off with 30 and within seconds it feels like it is 2 or 3.
If I check the volume it shows 10/10 and 30/30, A fault with the buttons? I don't think so as after the problem if I press the volume down it drops from 10 or 30 to wherever I stop.
Possible software/ firmware issue?

I have done the soft reset the hard reset and now seriously considering flashing the HK variant phone to AU variant.
Advice? TY

Last edited:

IystFuteig

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is ok. Actually if the volume reaches 6/10 I am sure I can hear everything quite clearly at a distance. So I usually just turn it to 4 or 5 out of 10. When using a earplug then just 3/10.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi i recently got a 1020 and im finding the call volume on the earpiece is the best ever even at 5 its better than my 820 was at 10 ,

all my other phones were either nokia symbian and few dumb s40's and lastly lumia 800, 610,520,620,820 and for me they all had poor call volume from their earpiece when using my default provider,...

im with uk orange network and i really thought/still think it must be them because all other networks used to be ok in the other phones just the orange network and it was especially low on their automated orange call lines.
Loving my 1020 :)

Rfuser

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I started a little project .
I swapped my little ear piece inside the phone with the spare I had from my 920. It made no difference . Sooooooo it has to be the channel the speaker travels through or the size of the port hole. View image below

See the tiny hole behind the black screen.

With the ear piece still attached ..above..
with it removed. See the small hole.

Modified

Definite improvement from before now.
Maybe newer models have this issue corrected because there was a tremendous differences between the call volume on this device vs. My s4 and 920.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

rb0135

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

For those that say it is the way it is held is an incorrect assumption.

The 1020 volume was really loud before the latest Lumia Black update. Something in this update has turned down the MAX volume.

Ottoa2000

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
my 1020 sounded decent before 8.1, has gotta be some max volume thing with 8.1. its so low i cant hear people calling me at work. have had to switch back to my htc one for now.

ipso

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Look what I found. Take a pin and make small holes from up to down to the earphone hole. There aren't any electronics in that hole. You need to penetrate the fabric and thats it.:excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077