Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I find call volume fairly low even at 10/10, On speaker mode its phenomenal, but the earpiece seems a bit faint. I'm guessing this is normal because I heard another person complain about it around here but I wanted to get a larger sample size.

Global Posts
    32,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    What was your previous device? How did the call volume compare?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I had an iPhone 4s. The volume was definitely higher by a decent amount.

If I can position the phone perfectly the volume seems ok, but it's difficult to get it in that spot. Maybe that's the real issue?
    svendenadel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriousGlory View Post
    I find call volume fairly low even at 10/10, On speaker mode its phenomenal, but the earpiece seems a bit faint. I'm guessing this is normal because I heard another person complain about it around here but I wanted to get a larger sample size.
    Mine seems to be a little low as well using the earpiece; Bluetooth seems fine though even at lower levels.

Strange. I'm actually finding call volume to be extremely high. I've turned mine down to 1/10. The call quality is extremely clear to me and plenty loud.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Find call volume pretty low myself, and I still get the annoying scratchy sound a few minutes into every call. I've swapped for a new 1020 already and issue is still there. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this in the future.

Volume is kind of low at 10/10 for me, but it's clear and loud enough for me to hear. Pretty much the same as my Focus S. I'm not sure why they can't have decent volume for a speaker that is right next to your ear, but I guess it is really really small. I've never noticed a scratchy sound but I don't do calls that much.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Coming from a Lumia 920, the call volume on the 1020 is abnormally low. I can barely hear the other person on calls. I have to put the phone on speaker to hear them.

I'm thinking about going to AT&T and seeing if they can fix or exchange the phone. Although I'm outside the 14 day window so I guess I'm probably screwed.
    Thanked by:
    svendenadel likes this.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I feel the same as others, the volume is low! I'm a State Trooper, and while working with outside interstate noise, constant work radios on all day, I find it difficult to here others at times. Hopefully there will be an update in the 8.1 release, or a separate update to increase the volume.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Yup, to low in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriousGlory View Post
    If I can position the phone perfectly the volume seems ok, but it's difficult to get it in that spot. Maybe that's the real issue?
    That's the problem, of course: "You're holding it wrong."

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    It's a bit low for me, too. And this is coming from a Lumia 920. It's not so low to be a deal breaker, mind you. Just have to work a bit to hear the person sometimes.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issues with the volume. It seems like it's a little low compared to my old 920.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4
    (Disclaimer: I get a paycheck from AT&T working the front lines in a store. Unless AT&T publishes what I say as fact, these thoughts are all mine.)

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Agreed, compared to my 920 the volume is quite a bit lower. Please fix this Nokia!

I can also vouch coming from a 920 to a 1020 that 10/10 is barely audible when I'm driving and in other loud situations both on speaker and regular call volume. And I thought the 920 was low compared to my 900! Too bad there aren't any updates for this phone yet because it's great otherwise.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I also noticed the sound quality with my ear buds are not as good as the 920.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    svendenadel likes this.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I also noticed the sound quality with my ear buds are not as good as the 920.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

My 1020 has low call volume too. I find myself looking at the volume each time to ensure it's really at 10. I'm also hearing the scratchy sound at times too; although it seemed like it was associated with low signal areas so I didn't look into exchanging the phone, but it looks like a number of us are experiencing this (and hopefully there will be a fix).

Earpiece volume on mine is always set 10/10. Yes it is too low for me as well.

A little lower than my 920 and I too get the "scratchy" sounds from the other person on on the phone with. 'sss' type sounds people make have a weird scratch to them, almost like AM radio. Not enough to ruin the talk experience, but it's there.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    There is definitely a sweet spot with the Lumia 1020. Once you hit it, and you'll know you hit it, calls are loud and clear. I did this also with the Lumia 900 and 920, albeit to a lesser degree. I've experienced this with other phones, more recently the S4 Active. I think it is a design issue along with a little bit of operator variance - not necessarily wrong but different.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Lumia 620 here I do find that that call volume is low.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mine also appears to be a bit low. Seem ok with my bluetooth with it's volume turned up though. Still getting used to it (just got it today), but the call sound quality seems to be a bit lower than my previous cheap ole pantech.

Steve

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah its very low.
    fsufan1200#CB likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Agreed, it is low...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast