Charging shell in stock at Amazon

kwjr

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
also, it just occurred to me i should probably have checked and posted in the WP Accessories section instead. sorry mods :(, got excited and jumped the gun

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU for sharing! I had been checking and finally decided to order through Microsoft. Cancelled the order there and taking advantage of my Prime membership! Saves me $10!

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
has it really shipped or is it just in the "shipping" phase?

Latest Event: Order Received - Jul 30, 2013 5:41:31 AM
Description: We've started preparing your shipment for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has shipped. The length of time your shipment spends in this status does not impact your delivery date.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Shipping phase. It will typically update later on with the tracking number. Mine shows the exact same and I chose next day shipping.

kwjr

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine really shipped. I've got the UPS tracking info and everything. I'm an Amazon Prime member and I did next day delivery, so it got the VIP rushed-order treatment. Also, I ordered it several hours ago. It took about an hour to go from "Shipping" to "Shipped".

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm also Prime and ordered with next day shipping just two+ weeks ago...I hope I get this tomorrow ><

Mine really shipped. I've got the UPS tracking info and everything. I'm an Amazon Prime member and I did next day delivery, so it got the VIP rushed-order treatment. Also, I ordered it several hours ago. It took about an hour to go from "Shipping" to "Shipped".

kwjr

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope so too, bro. Did you order when it was back-ordered? I kept an eye on it when it was listed as "ships in 1 to 3 weeks" but didn't order until it was "available". Once they've received new stock, I'd hope Amazon would process back-orders before accepting new orders.

I'm also Prime and ordered with next day shipping just two+ weeks ago...I hope I get this tomorrow ><

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm in Texas. Just got off with customer service chat. They said I should have ordered it today to get it tomorrow and that my order got "stuck" in the shipping process. It's a logistic fail (reminds me of my order with MS online >_>), luckily I'll get my $4 back for shipping (woohoo?).

Ordered when it was back-ordered.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had preordered the yellow when both colors were available a few weeks ago. Even though the yellow is no longer listed on amazon, they sent me an email that said it had shipped. I'll be interested to see what shows up on Friday, yellow or black.

I had ordered the black from the MS store last week, it got here on Monday. Not incredibly impressed. The corners are wiggly, and it is completely flush with the bottom and top, which is good for looks, bad for corners. It charges just fine. I still want yellow, the black case/yellow phone looks pretty janky to me.

kwjr

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
For those wanting yellow - Amazon still only has black in stock. There was a third-party seller selling a yellow one at that reduced price, but it was only one.

I have a yellow 1020 and I'm not sure I'm going to like the black shell, so I'm keeping my eyes open for a yellow shell too.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the charging shell on the 1020 would work with the charger (also known as the "Touchstone") I used with my Palm Pre 3? Is it the same type of technology? With my Palm phone, I could just place it on the charger and it charged quite nicely. I am missing that a little, but wasn't sure I was going to invest in all the needed supplies until I heard if the charging shell was working well. Seems like many are reporting issues with it not having a very good connection. Anyway, just curious if I would need to "invest" in a new charger or if the one I used with Palm would work. Thanks in advance.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the charging shell on the 1020 would work with the charger (also known as the "Touchstone") I used with my Palm Pre 3? Is it the same type of technology? With my Palm phone, I could just place it on the charger and it charged quite nicely. I am missing that a little, but wasn't sure I was going to invest in all the needed supplies until I heard if the charging shell was working well. Seems like many are reporting issues with it not having a very good connection. Anyway, just curious if I would need to "invest" in a new charger or if the one I used with Palm would work. Thanks in advance.

From what I remember, the Touchstone didn't use the Qi standard, and if that is indeed correct, it will not work.
It may even make the sound when it first comes in contact, but it wouldn't actually charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3