1020 ads seem to be working...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My sister (15) got a Lumia 900 last fall less rhan 2 months before WP8 launched. My Mom and I have Windows Phones, so naturally she followed suit. However after 6 months, we ended up getting her a used iPhone 4 because she complained about all her friends having an iPhone.

When I had dinner with her today, she actually brought up the 1020 and was excited about it. Of course now course she wants one. I didn't say anything to bring the subject up, or tell her about the 1020. So she's seeing the ads and they are peeking her interest.

My buddy who is a big Android fan wants one too, but he wants it with Android, lol.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear. It's nice to see more people are seeing the ads and becoming interested without any other influences.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, anytime people ask me about my phone or I talk about it, they go, "Oh yeah, that new one they launched! It looks like a cool phone!" Of course, people said that a lot when I got my Lumia 900, and its sales were meh...

Then again, one lady when I was eating lunch at the North Shore of Oahu (Hawaiian vacation, so happy!) saw my phone sitting on the table, resting in its camera grip. She noticed me texting, and quickly became curious. Apparently, her curiosity got the better of her, because she finally came over and asked, "Excuse me, is that a camera or a phone?" So I gave her a nice, couple minute demo, explaining the device, showing off its camera and the camera grip. She seemed very impressed, and when I was done, she said, "Well then, I think I know what my next phone will be."

So the ads, combined with the uniqueness of the device (therefore, getting people to look and be curious as to what it is) are a great force af spreading awareness.

I know we say this for every device, but I think our current power packed 1020, 925, and 928 flagship combo (for the US at least) could finally be Nokia's breakthrough. Carriers are finally heavily pushing these phones. Granted, I've still heard people complain about the lack of apps on Windows Phone, but hey, it's better than a year ago when people didn't even know what Windows Phone is.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Agreed.... while on vacation in Hilton Head, I had my phone out and was taking pictures of the marsh land with a few kids around and adults who were crabbing. A 10ish year old kid walked up to me and said - Is that the new phone on TV? COOL!

Made my day.

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, a kid on elevator playing his Ipad, saw my Phone "Wow, the new awesome camera phone". Did not had time for me to open Games App.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Everybody wants that camera with android.. I just don't understand why would you want to use that mess of an OS. Virtual machines, ads everywhere.. every oem has some sort of a silly skin on top of it..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Everybody wants that camera with android.. I just don't understand why would you want to use that mess of an OS. Virtual machines, ads everywhere.. every oem has some sort of a silly skin on top of it..
Maybe because...you know...it's popular?
Besides, you can de-Google Android.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
There is SOOO Many Lumia 925 ads when i go on here, wiki's and tons of other websites.

You do know those ads are probably based off browser cookies that you created by being obsessed with the 925 repeatedly haha. Most sites use cookie based ads, in some way.

but yeah. I watched a football game on ESPN MNF the other night and saw the 1020 commercial at least 5 times. Maybe 10 times.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
If only Nokia & Microsoft put this add on tv globally, so sad, i want to see this add in Belgium on TV, i'm sure many of them wo sees this are going to be 'WOWED' :( so sad :(

Just a question on an ad like this in Belgium. I know of the diversity of languages throughout the country (we hosted a Belgian exchange student when I was a kid, he was from Liege and is a Walloon). Would they do it in a voiceover for each region or subtitle it? I'm just curious.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome. It seems like the younger generation is really excited by the camera which surprises me a bit.

This younger generation loves posting "selfies" on every social media site imaginable. Of course they're going to love good cameras on a phone!

Well, as long as they have filters to make themselves blurry and stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon