- 08-19-2013, 09:10 AM #1
I know that you can download apps manually by clicking on the link on the left side in the Windows Store (on PC), then you typically transfer that to a SD Card and you can have windows store on your phone recognize it on the SD Card on your p hone and you can install it.
Since we don't have an external SD Card does anyone know if this is possible on the 1020?
08-19-2013, 10:25 AM #3
- 281 Posts
WP8 WVGA 512MB
WP8 WVGA 512MB + SD (e.g Nokia Lumia 720, Nokia Lumia 620, Nokia Lumia 520)
WP8 WVGA 512MB + LTE,
WP8 WVGA 512MB + SD + LTE
For 1GB+ RAM devices:
WP8 WVGA + SD (e.g Nokia Lumia 810)
WP8 WVGA + LTE
WP8 WVGA + SD + LTE (e.g Nokia Lumia 820 & Nokia Lumia 822)
WP8 720p + SD (e.g Samsung ATIV S I8750)
WP8 720p + LTE (e.g Windows Phone 8X by HTC)
WP8 720p + SD + LTE (e.g Samsung ATIV S T899M)
WP8 WXGA + SD
WP8 WXGA + LTE (e.g Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 928, Nokia Lumia 1020)
WP8 WXGA + SD + LTE
This is why if your device has LTE, but disabled, you cannot use it because the OS doesn't support LTE.
So by default, the version of Windows Phone 8 is not SD-compatible. So you cannot install apps manually.Hit the "thanks" button if you thought the post above was helpful!
HTC One M8 for Windows
OS: 8.10.14219.341 (Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1)
ROM: Verizon Wireless
Network: StarHub 4G LTE
Dev Unlocked: ✔
- By brmbjn in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM
- By carajean in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2014, 11:44 PM
- By maverick786us in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 10-02-2013, 05:19 PM
- By EBynum in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2013, 10:38 PM
- By Natalie Curran in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 5Last Post: 08-19-2013, 06:57 AM