Battery indicator not updating on 1020

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else using a Nokia 1020 with charger shell and noticing odd charging/battery indicator behavior? I placed my 1020 with charger shell on my charging stand one night before bed and woke up the next morning with the exact same battery reading (maybe a little less even). So I re-positioned it on the charger stand and left it for a few more hours, same results. I then decided to plug the phone in to charge, came back a couple of hours later and the battery indicator still hadn't moved. I thought that this behavior was really strange so I rebooted the phone and lo-n-behold: a fully charged phone. For some reason the battery indicator was not updating properly.

Anyone else notice this on their 1020?

Jan Van Belle

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing on my Lumia 920 since I updated to Amber yesterday. Battery was at 60%, charged whole night, and was still at 60%. After rebooting, it jumped to 100%.
Now it seems to be stuck on 100%...

kumarrangarajan

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. i charged battery to 100% . when i removed the charger, the battery indicator got reset back to 70% , been happening for the past 3 days. used battery app and also saw battery saver in settings , same hapening.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it isn't specific to Lumia 1020 or even wireless charging but possibly to the Amber update? Can anyone else confirm this is happening on their phone after Amber (or even pre-Amber)?

NXorableWandrer

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Unless I overlooked something, nobody has said that he wasn't wireless charging.

I never had a problem until just now, hours after I unboxed the wireless charging cover. In my case, I had a lot of trouble with wireless charging not working. When I could get it to begin charging at all, it would charge for several seconds, stop, and maybe start and stop again. User rubin89 recommended bending out the pins on the cover, which seemed to resolve the problem, but now I have this 100% battery level problem. I wonder if arcing occurred and damaged something.

Edit: Now, the indicator is down to 98%. I've been using the phone for 50 minutes since my last charge according to Battery Performance.

Edit: Two hours since the last charge, things seem normal.

Last edited:

MorrisAO

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I've had exactly this problem with my Lumia 820 since the Amber update. Seems to ok at he moment.

For now, it seems to fix itself on a reboot of the phone.

stevenpj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing this issue on my yellow 1020 over the past week. When I unplug my phone from the charger in the morning after a full night of charging, it shows either 79% - 82% charge. It only then shows a full 100% charge when I reboot the phone.
I do NOT have a charging plate and am using only a wall charger.

Has anyone found a fix or cause yet?

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 820. I am not using wireless charging. It frequently gets stuck at some point and only rebooting the device solves the problem. But It occurs again after a while. This started happening after the Amber update.

Vincent Krisna

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but a bit different.
What's not updating is lockscreen battery indicator.
If I slide up to unlock my phone, I can see the battery indicator is correct inside.
And when I lock it again, the lockscreen battery indicator will update itself.
Not so annoying but need to be fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes