Where can you buy an unlocked 64gb Nokia 1020

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyhow been at O2 shop today. They told me that they have the phone on pay as you go but is locked on O2, they can provide me a unlock code after one year use, but i have to go online and probably they will charge me for 15?. Was just hoping if it is pay as you go i can use any sim in it.... :unhappy:

I'm surpised that it's available on PAYG in store - as on their web site there is no PAYG version. Does anyone know what the price is (I can see both ?600 and ?700 mentioned)?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted the 64gb, but having stupidly lost my N8 a month ago, I couldn't really wait any longer. Also wanted sim free for travelling and a provider that has unlimited internet on PAYG, which rules out O2.
3 days in and I've already hoovered up 7gb :( Think I'll have to be scrupulous about transferring and deleting photos.

I do miss the SD slot on my N8.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Got my unlock code from O2 today!

Really pleased at the ease of everything O2 related so far.

Very customer orientated and friendly :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted the 64gb, but having stupidly lost my N8 a month ago, I couldn't really wait any longer. Also wanted sim free for travelling and a provider that has unlimited internet on PAYG, which rules out O2.
3 days in and I've already hoovered up 7gb :( Think I'll have to be scrupulous about transferring and deleting photos.

I do miss the SD slot on my N8.

Lol thats funny, might wanna go for an unmetered plan.
I like your avatar, I kind of feel you are writing every response you want to post on a thread on a piece of paper, giving it to someone to post on your behalf using a computer.

lumiacz

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
You can buy the 1020 64GB unlocked and unbadged, out of the box, and free from contract or PAYG from O2 in the Czech Republic. It's 17,995Kc which is approximately 630 GBP. No need to ask to have it unlocked because you want to travel. It's a pretty good deal there.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You can buy the 1020 64GB unlocked and unbadged, out of the box, and free from contract or PAYG from O2 in the Czech Republic. It's 17,995Kc which is approximately 630 GBP. No need to ask to have it unlocked because you want to travel. It's a pretty good deal there.

For that kind of money you could rent a studio apartment for 3 months over here, besides there will be import duty (customs) and international postage charges, I know am paying for technology but am not comfortable buying a new phone when there'll be no warranty on it.
Am open to the idea of buying a used phone, since I won't be getting warranty in India, buying a new phone for the sake of warranty will make no sense :(, I'd have to spend 800-1200GBP to travel in EU for a replacement or repair.

lumiacz

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I never thought about warranty as I live in CZ but I've read it's valid throughout EU - not 100% on that though. Posting it out of EU wouldn't be worth it. For people living in EU and particularly the UK it might good for them. Same price as in UK but unlocked and they can have a weekend in Prague!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I never thought about warranty as I live in CZ but I've read it's valid throughout EU - not 100% on that though. Posting it out of EU wouldn't be worth it. For people living in EU and particularly the UK it might good for them. Same price as in UK but unlocked and they can have a weekend in Prague!

Thats correct, I had my 720 replaced/swapped once, now going for another replacement/swap. If I had purchased it from anywhere in EU, the warranty in India would have been useless.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
afaik, o2 exclusivity to the 64gb is till the end of the year, but again, thats only something i read online, so not gospel, but would make sense

Just contacted O2 to see if they know (or would be willing to share) how long they have exclusive rights for the 64GB model in the UK.

They were no help at all.

I'm gonna drop Nokia an email to see if they can tell me.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
afaik, o2 exclusivity to the 64gb is till the end of the year, but again, thats only something i read online, so not gospel, but would make sense

I don't think the 64GB version will be coming as a standard option at all, even if it does after a year, it may have lost its charm :/, with GDR 3 and stuff.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
how do you mean, lost its charm with GDR3 and stuff? :confused:

The 920 was the best thing a year back, with GDR 2 and launch of 1020 it has 'lost' its charm.
Nokia may come up with who knows, 2040 next year and GDR 6 (or any random number) and 1020 may not be the first choice if you were to buy a high end phone.

THe price of 920 is half of what it was launched a year ago.

1020 is hot now, no doubt, so was 920 at a point of time :D

triturbo

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
The only source I know is eBay.co.uk and eBay.de. I got mine from UK, but there are deals on DE as well. Do note that VERY FEW ship outside the country. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)