Well....phone just went dead....now what?

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well....was sitting here and I noticed my 1020 seemed to be doing a "reset" (nokia screen) and now it doesn't respond. I had not dropped it, it was fully charged, and gave me no trouble throughout the day. Is there a special sequence of buttons I need to push? I held the on button for 5 seconds, but still nothing. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Is there some trick here other than returning the phone to the local AT&T store?

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.....went to the Nokia website and found the same suggestion, and that worked. But makes me wonder what the heck that was all about? Has this been a normal occurrence with the 1020? I've had the phone for about 3 weeks or so and not one issue until now. Seems fine now....odd.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
In my experience your phone may do this a couple of times but it is just wearing itself in. If you don't turn your phone off every so often it becomes a problem but this will stop happening after a couple if it even goes past the one time.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
In my experience your phone may do this a couple of times but it is just wearing itself in. If you don't turn your phone off every so often it becomes a problem but this will stop happening after a couple if it even goes past the one time.

I would agree. My 900 had to be hard reset once as well. Never happened again. As a suggestion you should power it down once or twice a week just to clear cashe and things. Otherwise, should be no worries.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies on this. I will try to remember to power it down periodically and hopefully things will run smoothly from here.

adkjklad

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 just went dead on me today suddenly. The screen is black. No matter I tried for soft reset and none working. Pushing the vol down and power buttons get no response. I am very disappointed. Trying to recharge the phone. No response either. Don't know the cause of the problem.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 just went dead on me today suddenly. The screen is black. No matter I tried for soft reset and none working. Pushing the vol down and power buttons get no response. I am very disappointed. Trying to recharge the phone. No response either. Don't know the cause of the problem.

Sounds like a faulty device - return it to the shop.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If your device is free of severe blemishes and/or physical or liquid damage that has impacted performance, exchange your device.

If you bought it online, take it to the Device Service Center (AT&T, US) if you have one nearby. It's faster and in most cases you'll get a replacement witin 10 minutes of being seen. (Wait time not included)

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Its a computer. Computers sometimes crash for unknown reasons to me. Usually powering down and up works. When that fails, I usually take out the battery (on phone) or physically unplug my computer. If that didn't work, I'd probably take it to the store where I bought it.

Funny story - I started my first real job after college in 1973. We ran all our programs on an IBM 1130, which probably had less processing power than my first IBM pc (the original version). It had no form of video output terminal on it - just a printer, a punch card reader, a crude keyboard on the front, and a row of lights that could display error codes. It used to over heat and lock up on me sometimes at night when I was running a program that took hours and hours. It would usually display an error code on those lights, but I needed to get the work done, so I would re-boot. It would drive the IT guy crazy, because he thought I should just leave it as it sat until he got in the next day. It had a big red on/off switch, which we affectionately called, "Big Red," and that is what I used lol. It looked pretty much like this one. Had 64k of memory (that's k, not megs, or gigs).

http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/Image12.jpg

Last edited:

butarra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
yes, i just had the same thing happen to my Nokia Lumia 2010 on 30 Oct 2013 and did a google search on "My Nokia Lumia 2010 just died" and this forum came up.

Thank you to the person who posted the 'reset' button combination, as it worked :)

You need to press the [down volume] and the [on/off button] at the same time continuously until the phone reboots (may take up to 10 seconds)

failing that you may want to recharge the battery and then try turning on, otherwise try rebooting again

i purchased the black Nokia Lumia 2010 outright from Harvey Norman Adelaide City store a few weeks ago

more info and suggestions here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nok...kscreen-randomly/td-p/2056102/highlight/false

TAGS: Nokia Lumia 2010 just crashed, Nokia Lumia 2010 crashed, Nokia Lumia 2010 died, Nokia Lumia 2010 frozen, Nokia Lumia 2010 froze, Nokia Lumia 2010 black screen, Nokia Lumia 2010 not responding, Nokia 2010

Last edited:

butarra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
31 Oct 2013 update: it shut down a second time on the same day 3-4 hours later and had to do the reset again

also did a search on google: "my nokia lumia"

and got many "my nokia lumia XXXX wont turn on"

seems to be a common problem that needs to be fixed

see attachment of google search

Attachments

• mynokialumia.jpg
    mynokialumia.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 5

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
yes, i just had the same thing happen to my Nokia Lumia 2010 on 30 Oct 2013 and did a google search on "My Nokia Lumia 2010 just died" and this forum came up.

Thank you to the person who posted the 'reset' button combination, as it worked :)

You need to press the [down volume] and the [on/off button] at the same time continuously until the phone reboots (may take up to 10 seconds)

failing that you may want to recharge the battery and then try turning on, otherwise try rebooting again

i purchased the black Nokia Lumia 2010 outright from Harvey Norman Adelaide City store a few weeks ago

more info and suggestions here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nok...kscreen-randomly/td-p/2056102/highlight/false

TAGS: Nokia Lumia 2010 just crashed, Nokia Lumia 2010 crashed, Nokia Lumia 2010 died, Nokia Lumia 2010 frozen, Nokia Lumia 2010 froze, Nokia Lumia 2010 black screen, Nokia Lumia 2010 not responding, Nokia 2010

Question, what is the Nokia Lumia 2010, I have never heard of this phone, are you by chance referring to the Lumia 1020??

Jobi C John

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
well my lumia 1020 went totally dead a year back i tried fixing it through nokia shops but they were helpless
when i plug in the charger the windows symbol lights up then goes
i tried every reset hard and soft and still no use
could someone help me out on how i can get the phone fixed or get its parts
one of the technician said the phone's IC got screwed up!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss