Lumia 1020 photos too warm?

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
No word on whether or not this will addressed in the upcoming software update...
Like I mentioned, some might prefer the overly saturated look of the post processed photo, but if you're gonna slap on a 41MP sensor with the ZEISS brand representing the lens quality, then you'd expect that the image quality would hold up to a more sharper and realistic image, versus taking that image and altering it without any input from the photographer. Please Noki.....Microsoft....or whoever it is working on this now, please fix this!

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. I hope they alleviate this processing garbage or give us more options because I find it ruins our pictures more than anything.......

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the high res version of the photo look any better when viewed from your PC? or are we already looking at the high res photos in your OP.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That is something I miss regarding the 808 - having custom presets available.

I love the manual settings in 1020, which give more flexibility than the 808 in many ways, but would love to be able to set custom - including options such as contrast, saturation, etc. This would more than make up for this flaw..

I am sure that they will add this eventually. They must've gotten plenty of feedback from the 808 camera UI .. not sure why they didn't port that option over.

As far as the colors, they are both a bit too extreme if you ask me.. the 808 goes a bit too much on the colder side and the 1020 does the same on the opposite end of the spectrum, it should be somewhere in the middle.

You can make the 808 warmer from the settings by bumping up the contrast and saturation + vivid colors settings, but I am not sure if you can make the 1020 go colder.

The one place where the 808 nails the color and the white balance is at night with the flash... they've done an exceptional job in that department. The 1020 seems to still go warmer even with the flash.

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You can make the 808 warmer from the settings by bumping up the contrast and saturation + vivid colors settings, but I am not sure if you can make the 1020 go colder.

The one place where the 808 nails the color and the white balance is at night with the flash... they've done an exceptional job in that department. The 1020 seems to still go warmer even with the flash.

Aye, I wish these things were addressed in the 1020. As a phone that is selling itself as a camera, I wish there were more "camera" options to tinker with.

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
925 user here. photos taken with flash are unusable, and 70% of indoor are way too warm. and it's really annoying to go through them manually and update in lightroom!

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Black firmware is a must. I can't believe Nokia even released Amber. Like what where they thinking. That yellow photos are awesome? Maybe they want everyone to be tanned? No pasties.

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if you guys have also tried taking self photo using the front camera? You will be a simpsons. This also a problem on 920

Haven't tried it with Black, yet. Honestly, I always shoot in RAW anyway, so none of the WB problems bother me anymore. Thank God for that option...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb