Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crash1989

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Does anyone use the ProShot camera app over the Nokia Pro Cam app? I've heard really good things about ProShot but I'm trying to figure out why I'd want to use it over Pro Cam.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    Maybe if someone likes the interface of Proshot over ProCam. Also Proshot has a few more scenes like candlelight etc .. Honestly I use Pro Cam as default now.
    geekaren likes this.

PIN
    No
    I deleted it because the light and color were horribly distorted, but since their two recent updates have installed again and seems to be working well.

You make a good point; I might try a day of using nothing but ProShot to see how it does..

I bought ProShot before ProCam came out. I have ProCam as standard but use ProShot still as well. Mostly when out at night. ProShot handle this a bit better (imo)

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input everyone!

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    So does proshot oversample the 34/38mp shots to 5mp? Are there two versions as well just as pro cam?
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Proshot doesn't have access to the higher resolution photos. They may, eventually, have this option.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    Proshot doesn't have access to the higher resolution photos. They may, eventually, have this option.
    So i'm guessing as of right now no to the oversampled 5mp photos in proshot?

PIN
    No
    OK,

I have been using ProShot a bit more lately, and am finding for non-zoom, 5MP shooting, it is my program of choice - because it restores the ability I had with the 808 to formulate my own settings and save as default - including saturation and contrast!

So not only do I have saved settings but better color accuracy (set saturation at "-1"

The only reason I haven't made this completely my primary camera interface is the oversampling and lossless zoom issue - which is huge. Also, shooting macro, notwithstanding Proshot also has manual focus (invaluable for this type of shooting!) The standard 5MP image it produces doesn't quite cut it against the ProShot's program.

I hope they can add this feature soon.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    I use both but use ProCam much more. Mainly because of the higher resolution and ability to set it as the default app.
    I prefer Nokia Pro Cam, but ProShot is awesome too! The biggest difference is saturation control and options to save profiles in ProShot. But Nokia Pro Cam have a much better interface also. That's why I prefer Nokia app.