Gmail sync issue with Lumia 1020 (won't sync as items come in)

HoserUSC

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Lumia 1020 and am coming from a Blackberry. The microsoft account I created will sync email automatically but the Gmail (my main/work email account) does not have the option. Right now the fastest I can get it to sync is at 15 minute intervals. I have a friend with a 920 whose Gmail will sync automatically. Is this a 1020 issue? I may have to return the phone if I can't resolve this issue. Thanks!

felipemfarias

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Your friend's 920 doesn't have the Amber update. After the amber update you aren't able to sync automatically in gmail. I hope they fix this because gmail is my main email account and it sucks to not have the option to sync as items come in.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Google dropped ActiveSync support for Windows Phones and only supports IMAP for syncing email from WP. There are ways to get push sync back but the problem comes from google, not Microsoft.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've seen posts where people manually configure their accounts but I don't use google so can't give the details. Try searching the forums for something like "google email sync", may come up then.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have Google syncing on my Lumia 1020 automatically:

Set up an Exchange/Active sync account on your phone - you will use the Gmail/IMAP parameters. I have no issues with delayed emails.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers