Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #1  
    Hi!

    I'm not from USA and i'll be in Manhattan for only 1,5 day.

    Where can I buy an unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020? (i don't want to buy online, since i'm not going to stay long enough to receive it at the hotel!).

    I checked at J&R, Best Buy, Walmatr, but i think they sell only 1020 with carrier plans at the stores...

    Thank you!

    Dani
  2. khunhorm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    #2  
    Can't you buy it online days before you will be there and have it sent to your hotel? Make it so that it will arrive before or during your stay. Just a thought.
  3. falconeight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    #3  
    Buy it at a Microsoft store. You'll still get the camera case and AT&T will unlock it for you over the phone.
  4. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khunhorm View Post
    Can't you buy it online days before you will be there and have it sent to your hotel? Make it so that it will arrive before or during your stay. Just a thought.
    The hotel only accepts to receive purchases with 3 days advanced, maximum. And I'm really afraid on spending U$ 700,00 and have some problem with it! :S
  5. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    Buy it at a Microsoft store. You'll still get the camera case and AT&T will unlock it for you over the phone.
    I saw this forum here, but 2 things concerns me:
    1) They only sell with a AT&T plan, and I'm not an USA resident. (is that right?)
    2) My english is not so good for this kind of conversation with AT&T by phone! rsrsrs :P
  6. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #6  
    Try CTINYC. Read more about it on the second page of this thread.
  7. falconeight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dania1 View Post
    I saw this forum here, but 2 things concerns me:
    1) They only sell with a AT&T plan, and I'm not an USA resident. (is that right?)
    2) My english is not so good for this kind of conversation with AT&T by phone! rsrsrs :P
    I bought my phone from a Microsoft store cash and they never asked me if I had a AT&T account. You should be fine.
  8. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,042 Global Posts
    #8  
    Make sure you have the warranty if you are not a resident of USA :)
  9. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    I bought my phone from a Microsoft store cash and they never asked me if I had a AT&T account. You should be fine.
    Good to know! Ill consider it! Thank you! :)
  10. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPhoney View Post
    Try CTINYC. Read more about it on the second page of this thread.
    Thank you! Ive just sent an e-mail to them! (I didnt find NL 1020 at the site)
  11. dania1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Make sure you have the warranty if you are not a resident of USA :)
    Yes!!! Thank you! :)
  12. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dania1 View Post
    Thank you! Ive just sent an e-mail to them! (I didnt find NL 1020 at the site)
    You can call them. They'll talk to you and answer any questions.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 01:24 AM
  2. Can't see facebook or twitter under "Add an account"
    By NiklasP in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 01:22 AM
  3. 1020 vs. 928
    By Kamen in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
  4. Lumia 1020 product codes
    By arni99 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 01:20 PM
  5. Lumia 1020 deleted video
    By Nikki Muses in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions