I just received a 50 dollar credit because of the price drop - I'm on the NEXT plan

robamacaf

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 1020 about 4 weeks ago and was a bit dismayed that the price drop came. I am on the NEXT plan so I pay 20 a month but I'm given the option to trade in my phone at 12 months and get a new one. I contacted AT&T to see if the price per month would also be going down as well and she said no, but they would give me a 50 dollar credit and instantly put it on my account.

So technically I was paying 20 a month for 12 months (because I WILL trade in the phone at the year point. I love the phone, I just love getting new phones too.) and the 50 dollar credit lowered my payment to 15.83 a month for 12 months.

If you received the phone for the 299 or full price or even the NEXT program, contact ATT (I talked to their chat support) and they should give you a credit for some of it back!

bdicemk6

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting. I just picked up the 1020 on the NEXT plan or whatever they call it as well. May have to give them a call about this. Although AT&T's customer support on the phone is above god-awful.

robamacaf

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Damn it! I bought mine on launch day! That's more than 30 days. :(

Try anyway, when I talked to them over chat they said:

"I can give you a $50 credit for the difference on the phone if you like?"
"Great, let me get that applied to your account. We at AT&T want to make sure our customers are with us for a long time and that you are happy and satisfied. I definitely know how ya feel...I missed some good sales too."

I don't think they based it on a time period or anything. I think they are just wanting to make its customers happy since a lot have fled for Tmobile

Last edited:

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You may want to remove the CSR's name from your post. Not saying they wouldn't appreciate the nod for great customer service but if they were "wrong" in the eyes of corporate, this is just damning to them.

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get a credit on my bill and the CSR I spoke to flat-out told me no. She said that price drops all the time and it's not At&t's responsibility to compensate for that fact. I actually opened a new line for the phone and was incredibly surprised by her response.

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 1020 about 4 weeks ago and was a bit dismayed that the price drop came. I am on the NEXT plan so I pay 20 a month but I'm given the option to trade in my phone at 12 months and get a new one. I contacted AT&T to see if the price per month would also be going down as well and she said no, but they would give me a 50 dollar credit and instantly put it on my account.

So technically I was paying 20 a month for 12 months (because I WILL trade in the phone at the year point. I love the phone, I just love getting new phones too.) and the 50 dollar credit lowered my payment to 15.83 a month for 12 months.

If you received the phone for the 299 or full price or even the NEXT program, contact ATT (I talked to their chat support) and they should give you a credit for some of it back!

Thanks for posting this....I just got off a chat with ATT and received a $50 credit also!!

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
On most phones the price is going to drop during the time your paying for it. Too bad they didn't credit us every time this happened

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get a credit on my bill and the CSR I spoke to flat-out told me no. She said that price drops all the time and it's not At&t's responsibility to compensate for that fact. I actually opened a new line for the phone and was incredibly surprised by her response.

Try Chat instead.

robamacaf

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I did the same thing. I had to add a line because none of my contracts were up yet.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You may want to remove the CSR's name from your post. Not saying they wouldn't appreciate the nod for great customer service but if they were "wrong" in the eyes of corporate, this is just damning to them.

Chat reps use aliases. I know, because I asked if "Michael Jackson was your real name?'. He said no. Its chosen for them at random when chat opens. lol

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Try anyway, when I talked to them over chat they said:

"I can give you a $50 credit for the difference on the phone if you like?"
"Great, let me get that applied to your account. We at AT&T want to make sure our customers are with us for a long time and that you are happy and satisfied. I definitely know how ya feel...I missed some good sales too."

I don't think they based it on a time period or anything. I think they are just wanting to make its customers happy since a lot have fled for Tmobile

Spoke with chat and they gave me a $50 credit just now. :)

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Online chat did the trick. It seemed the miscommunication was in that the CSR I originally spoke to thought I wanted the whole $100 difference back. Once I assured the chat rep that wasn't the case they were more than happy to give me a credit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas