Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Good work all. I too have visited many places today and had zero success in picking up a 1020 it's utter madness. A massive fail from Nokia..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well that's my order placed with O2 on the refresh program - got the 64gb on the same tariff im already on and its only going to cost me ?5 more a month and it comes with the same bundle clove are doing.

Sweet.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that's my order placed with O2 on the refresh program - got the 64gb on the same tariff im already on and its only going to cost me ?5 more a month and it comes with the same bundle clove are doing.

Sweet.

Same as me. Roll on 25th September.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My pre-order is done!!

I also went with O2 Refresh, with 8GB data on 4G. Not bad as the 4G only appears to be ?5 more per month (comparing the prices of the two 1GB O2 Refresh tariffs), so with the 30% discount on the airtime portion of the airtime plan (ie excl data) it more than cancels out the ?5 4G surcharge.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 1020 on O2 sold via Carphonewarehouse will be the 64gb version or just the 32gb one? Their website lists its specs as being the lower storage device, but I'm hoping it's a mistake as their prices are much more affordable than direct from O2 (plus you still get the amazing bundle of goodies!)

Cheers

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I suspect all other non-O2 stores will have the 32GB model. Including stores selling the 1020 for O2.

the 64GB is a way of attracting customers to go direct to O2 (or equivalent local Telefonica network)

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I'm looking at O2 deals.
I don't need more than 600 mins and some data...
Best I can find is:
1) 3g, 600 mins, 750MB = ?12/month
2) Refresh contract = ?99 now + ?480 (24X15) = ?579
3) Plus cashback of around ?50 from quidco/topcashback for a new contract.
So basically ?529 for handset (+ accesssories), and ?12/month for 600 mins and poorish data.
Anyone care to suggest how they've done better?

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I suspect all other non-O2 stores will have the 32GB model. Including stores selling the 1020 for O2.

the 64GB is a way of attracting customers to go direct to O2 (or equivalent local Telefonica network)

You're more than likely correct. I honestly don't see how 32gb will be enough. I've got around 7gb left on my 920, and there's only a handful of games and albums on there. I don't want to be frequently transferring large pic files manually to my PC. If MS/Nokia allow the 38MP files to be transferred to skydrive then maybe that'll mean the standard storage size will be enough for someone as lazy as me.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
32GB will not be enough for sustained usage of the phone. My 920 has been full for a few months now and I'm constantly having to think about space management. I've had to uninstall Modern Combat 4 to reclaim 1.6GBs back and most of that space has been used now....and this is with the GDR2 other storage 'fix'. I like to have quite a few apps/games/music and photos on my phone and I'm sure that I'm not alone in that. I've had to compromise by uploading all the photos that were taken on my 808, N8 and previous to SkyDrive that I want to have handy. I've uploaded all my music too but until there's a viable SkyDrive music app that has all the features I need, they're just gathering SkyDrive dust.

With 2 copies of each photo being saved (I'm aware that setting can be changed), the 1020 is going to fill up extremely fast and I've got a feeling that many people are going to find it quite inconvenient to think about constant compromises.

I just don't understand why MS/Nokia didn't make the 64GB model default or at least add expandable memory support. The 64GB model would be perfect for me but I will have to get the 32GB or perhaps wait a while to see if the 64GB gets a general release or if its successor has improved memory.

Decisions, decisions!!

That said, I'm still very excited at the prospect of getting a 1020. I really miss being able to take the spectacular kind of photos that I captured on my 808. I hope I have enough money put by in order to take advantage of the pre-order deals as the accessory bundles being thrown in are very generous.

Any donations will be gratefully accepted :)

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just to check - on O2 refresh, once you have paid off the phone, can you cancel the airtime contract, or is the airtime contract 24 months? E.g. if I paid the ?640 for the phone, could I in theory cancel the airtime contract after the first month?

samsul

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Just to check - on O2 refresh, once you have paid off the phone, can you cancel the airtime contract, or is the airtime contract 24 months? E.g. if I paid the ?640 for the phone, could I in theory cancel the airtime contract after the first month?

You can pay for the phone within 14 days and the contract will be cancelled. I did this with Lumia 925 and thinking of doing this again with Lumia 1020.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can pay for the phone within 14 days and the contract will be cancelled. I did this with Lumia 925 and thinking of doing this again with Lumia 1020.

Could you expand on this i.e. the steps you took to achieve this? I'm considering the deal on Clove but I think an extra ?60 plus a ?15 unlock fee is worth it for a 64GB model.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Could you expand on this i.e. the steps you took to achieve this? I'm considering the deal on Clove but I think an extra ?60 plus a ?15 unlock fee is worth it for a 64GB model.

You could wait for a few days am pretty sure they'll start popping up on ebay and gumtree in no time!

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! Quite tempted to do this, since it doesn't look like they'll be offering the 1020 on PAYG for the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo