Is there a problem with my lumia 1020's microphone?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Try to use Bing Music or whatever the music note is called at the bottom when you click the search button. Play music and see if it can ID. There should be an EQ type visual indicator too. Try that.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a case that may be blocking the mic holes on the bottom and top of the phone? Is there dirt in the mic or speaker holes? I used an old toothbrush that I disinfected with hydrogen peroxide. The bristles are gentle but skinny enough to poke any dirt out of the mic/speaker areas

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh. I know about this issue. I keep it very carefully (because it's my first new phone.) and no, the case doesn't block the mic. When I notice the issue, I also took the case off and tested it. It did not solve the problem. I contacted Microsoft store. They did not take care of it. They transfer me to Nokia. Now, I'm waiting until tomorrow to talk to Nokia. However, I'd like to know if it is a problem before I talk to them and maybe have to send my phone to them. :( It's new.

I did hard reset twice yesterday, but hard reset did not solve my problem.

Last edited:

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Finally contacted Microsoft Store and returned the phone. Paid nearly $40 (Fedex) for shipping 2 days because Microsoft store says this is the exception and it has to be delivered before or on 9/20. Bad experience ever.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally contacted Microsoft Store and returned the phone. Paid nearly $40 (Fedex) for shipping 2 days because Microsoft store says this is the exception and it has to be delivered before or on 9/20. Bad experience ever.

That sucks man. Sorry you had to pay. Hopefully the replacement works well for you!

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
No. I decided to get a refund instead, and now they refund me the the amount of money equal to the phone price without the shipping cost ($9.99). Well. I lost almost $50 for returning because of the problem of the phone, not mine. Unbelievable. Never ever buy from Microsoft again!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre