Lumia 1020: Yellow or Black

rea2013

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am going to get a Lumia 1020 in the next few days. It won't be my first Nokia but it will be my first Windows Phone. I was just wondering whether all accent colours (specifically blue) suit the yellow 1020 and whether there are any annoyances with either colour (ie: smudges/scratches more noticeable, etc.) I like the yellow one but whenever I see the black one it seems worse, and the same the other way too.

Any help is appeciated :smile:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'd get a red one when one inevitably comes out, but with the choice of black, white or yellow i'd choose either yellow or white. Either would be good.

SergikUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow Lumia 820 and I absolutely love the color. It is bright it is vibrant and it stands out. I have never put it in any covers since it came out. So far no scratches, no smudges, no loss of color! I love it!

rea2013

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everybody for the quick answers, they were really useful. Most people I've asked also said yellow seems like a nice colour.

json jett

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I am going with yellow. I have a black N9, and while it looks regal the body blends with the screen to diminish design features. Yellow creates a great contrast with the black screen, and makes for a more exciting look. Also, yellow better highlights the 41mpx bump in the rear. The black 1020 is understated, while the yellow screams for attention; the choice is yours.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I love my Yellow, but I would have liked to have seen Nokia offer Red and Cyan in addition to Yellow, White and Black. I would have still purchased Yellow, but Cyan would have been nice for those coming from 900 & 920; as well as Red as what they used for the 808. Also, why not have a good variety of colors to offer?

EvilFiek

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yellow on the 1020 is seriously awesome. The black buttons (and the camera bump) really contrast nicely with the colour. I am a big fan of cyan and red, but even if I was given the choice to turn my yellow 1020 in, I'd probably stick with it. Also, select Amber as your accent colour to get the perfect experience!

koopiskeva

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I like my yellow a lot, but would've gone with red if that had been an option. May change out the shell if a red version ever comes out >_>

rea2013

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies , there are a lot more than I expected :smile:. I'm going to get it in about an hour. I'm going with yellow. I got to try it in yellow. Once again, thanks for all of the replies, they were incredibly useful.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No contest... I want a 1020 at some point and plan on getting the yellow one. I have a black 920 but always had my heart set on the yellow, so I'm definitely not passing on that color with the 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos