Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    This may seem a daft question as the model is exclusive to O2 but is there an unbranded UK country variant firmware available for the 64GB 1020?

Just a bit concerned that when O2 give me the unlock code, I could be stuck with their branded firmware.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_1020 View Post
    This may seem a daft question as the model is exclusive to O2 but is there an unbranded UK country variant firmware available for the 64GB 1020?

Just a bit concerned that when O2 give me the unlock code, I could be stuck with their branded firmware.
    no 64gb variant any where else bar telefonica group at the minute mate , plus with navifirm being down how would you get the files to flash? can people extract them or cache them? i am hoping o2 dont let us down with updates

on the flipside its only a little branded , start screen , couple of apps , couple of bookmarks ;-)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
    no 64gb variant any where else bar telefonica group at the minute mate , plus with navifirm being down how would you get the files to flash? can people extract them or cache them? i am hoping o2 dont let us down with updates

on the flipside its only a little branded , start screen , couple of apps , couple of bookmarks ;-)
    Cheers.

I was wondering if the 32GB United Kingdon CV firmware would work but it would probably brick the phone so I'm in no rush to try it myself :)

Navifirm+ still works..just have to pay €3 for the privilege.
  4. Wiz

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    All firmware will work, regardless of color and memory size. Only requirement is that you stay within your device sub-family (rm-875, rm-876 or rm-877) otherwise you run into issues with radio bands etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Wiz; 10-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.
  5. Wiz

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    All firmware will work, regardless of color and memory size. Only requirement is that you stay within your device sub-family (rm-875, rm-876 or rm-877) otherwisr you run into issues with radio bands etc

I have been using a German O2 64Gb device with NL 32Gb firmware for 3 weeks now... Runs fine

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Thanks Wiz...I'll give it a go when I get my unlock code.
  7. Wiz

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thanks Wiz...I'll give it a go when I get my unlock code.
    Note, cross-flashing from firmware to another firmware can only be done in recovery mode, and in essence equals a hard reset. so please backup your device into skydrive first and make sure pictures are saved as well...

Thanked by:
    FBirraque likes this.

I have been using a German O2 64Gb device with NL 32Gb firmware for 3 weeks now... Runs fine
    God, you got balls flashing a brand new 64gb 1020 with a 32gb firmware!
    Thanked by:
    montsa007 likes this.

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Has anyone else successfully done this too?

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Note, cross-flashing from firmware to another firmware can only be done in recovery mode, and in essence equals a hard reset. so please backup your device into skydrive first and make sure pictures are saved as well...

Thanks.

Don't suppose there's a guide I can follow is there?

I've never flashed a Windows Phone device before but I do have plenty of experience with Symbian handsets with Phoenix and Jaf.
  11. Wiz

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thanks.

Don't suppose there's a guide I can follow is there?

I've never flashed a Windows Phone device before but I do have plenty of experience with Symbian handsets with Phoenix and Jaf.
    If you follow this you should be fine

http://m.wpcentral.com/how-fix-bricked-920-after-reset

And remember, stay within the subfamily, rm-875 rm-876 rm-877 etc

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    OMG...it worked!!

Was away for most of the weekend but I have just got round to giving this a go and I'm pleased to report that it worked.

I downloaded the country variant 1020 firmware for the yellow model for the RM-875 subfamily. I had to get hold of a more recent version of NCS than I had but it worked first time. There was a couple of heart in mouth moments as the reboot seemed to take an age and it went to a black screen for a few seconds but it all worked out ok.

So happy.

Thanks for the help Wiz..I owe you a pint mate!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Couple of downsides so far....

There are 24 downloads showing in the store with 'Attention required. Tap here.'. I take it these are apps that are no longer published so I'm going to have to compare the app lists on my 920 and 1020 to see what exactly is missing and find suitable replacements.

Also, my high res photos are no longer available in the gallery. Before flashing, I backed up my photos and copied them all back to the phone after flashing but there's no option to view images in ProCam anymore which is a huge disappointment.

I'm also tying to work out which accent colour looks best with the yellow 1020. Not a problem as such, it's down to personal preference. Yellow seems to go well but some tiles, especially email don't read too well with white text. Amber seems a little dull. The red contrasts well with the yellow body and works well with the black display but I'm not a huge fan of red....
    How you do it? i cant do it!! i hav RM-877 AT&T Yellow and i want to install another RM-877 (TELCEL) but i cant, how u do it?
    How do you do it? i cant do it!! i hav RM-877 AT&T Yellow and i want to install another RM-877 (TELCEL) but i cant, how u do it?

Please!!!
    OMG...it worked!!

Was away for most of the weekend but I have just got round to giving this a go and I'm pleased to report that it worked.

I downloaded the country variant 1020 firmware for the yellow model for the RM-875 subfamily. I had to get hold of a more recent version of NCS than I had but it worked first time. There was a couple of heart in mouth moments as the reboot seemed to take an age and it went to a black screen for a few seconds but it all worked out ok.

So happy.

Thanks for the help Wiz..I owe you a pint mate!

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha Zuga View Post
    How do you do it? i cant do it!! i hav RM-877 AT&T Yellow and i want to install another RM-877 (TELCEL) but i cant, how u do it?

Please!!!
    Have you followed the guide that Wiz posted a link to:
    Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central

You will need to download the latest available version of Nokia Care Suite and get hold of the firmware you want to flash.
    Thanked by:
    Well, can u explain me? i though that i need FIRST install lumia 920 firmware in my Lumia 1020 right? then i reinstall again the firmware but with my RM-877, its correct?

Have you followed the guide that Wiz posted a link to:
    Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central

You will need to download the latest available version of Nokia Care Suite and get hold of the firmware you want to flash.

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Well, can u explain me? i though that i need FIRST install lumia 920 firmware in my Lumia 1020 right? then i reinstall again the firmware but with my RM-877, its correct?
    No..you need to follow the guide but replace all references to 920 and RM-821 with 1020 and RM-877. Your variant details and product code will be different too.

First, download your required RM-877 firmware with navifirm. Place it in the required folder. Then start Nokia Care Suite -> Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 -> File -> Open Product -> RM-877 (Nokia Lumia 1020) -> Programming -> Recovery. The RM-877 firmware details should appear in the window. Click start.

Follow the phone directions.

That should do it....

Is your 1020 unlocked for use on other networks?
    Its Unlocked , i do it like u say but always i hav this message:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

No..you need to follow the guide but replace all references to 920 and RM-821 with 1020 and RM-877. Your variant details and product code will be different too.

First, download your required RM-877 firmware with navifirm. Place it in the required folder. Then start Nokia Care Suite -> Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 -> File -> Open Product -> RM-877 (Nokia Lumia 1020) -> Programming -> Recovery. The RM-877 firmware details should appear in the window. Click start.

Follow the phone directions.

That should do it....

Is your 1020 unlocked for use on other networks?

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    I've no idea I'm afraid.

The process in the 920 link worked perfectly for me on my 1020 and 920.

Its Unlocked , i do it like u say but always i hav this message:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
    Your Lumia 1020 is rm-875?

I've no idea I'm afraid.

The process in the 920 link worked perfectly for me on my 1020 and 920.

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Yes.

Your Lumia 1020 is rm-875?

I have AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 RM-877. Can't install Rogers firmware (RM-877); followed the instructions, got the cogwheel, got the nokia logo and still nothing (same error message as above). It seems that the North American versions are messed up. We got shafted again, i'm afraid. Well, this will be my last Nokia ...
    This is a problem, because Nick 1020 has RM-875 and he can change his firmware, and we hav RM-877 and can't do it. :/

its a problem but maybe with software, some kind of block or something, because there is 3 types of lumia 1020

RM-875 Global
    RM-877 North America (Band 4)
    Rm-876 China

i dont know why with RM-877 its the problem :/

Quote Originally Posted by kabel_mk View Post
    I have AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 RM-877. Can't install Rogers firmware (RM-877); followed the instructions, got the cogwheel, got the nokia logo and still nothing (same error message as above). It seems that the North American versions are messed up. We got shafted again, i'm afraid. Well, this will be my last Nokia ...

Hi,
    Does anyone know weather the 64GB is a "golden screwdriver" upgrade or not.

I.E do all 1020's have a 64GB chip but only some (one) firmware have the capability to access all of it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast