- 10-08-2013, 01:31 PM #1
So I have spent a few hours skimming the internet for some type of 1020 attachable lens. A macro lens would be ideal. I can find the 12X Telephoto Lens Set for the Nokia Lumia 920. I can also find the person on these forums who taped a macro lens to their 1020. I see so much talk about Nokia or some third party place coming out with a attachable lens or lens/case combo... whatever. I am assuming because I can't find it - it doesn't exists. I thought before I gave up all hope I would check here and see if anybody knew of anything... even those magnetic lenses, or something made for another device (like those sony attachable lenses) that would work on the 1020, I don't care much how it looks I am just looking for anyway to take the 1020s camera to the next level. However I don't want to resort to taping or anything like that I need to it to be somewhat legit and easy to take off or sturdy enough to stay on all day.
PS: another thing I can't find is a lens cover?! Do you guys know where to find any? I can find those cheap rubber or hard plastic cases that have them built in but I am looking for a more durable case with one, or just a separate lens cover.
Also this is my first post so sorry if I broke any forum edict here.
- 10-08-2013, 02:21 PM #2
10-08-2013, 03:40 PM #5
- 2 Posts
Kaity, Not sure re the lenses, but I have just received my new Nillkin case which is part PU (front, with magnetic closure), and part moulded hard case (rear), which includes full camera profusion cover. Works well, and looks ok, making it look even a tad slimline in the process. At least it full protects this wonderful device....
- 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM #6
Well I might just have to get one and see!
I saw the Nillkin and thought it was pretty awesome. I am regretting not getting it now. I have it down to that and the Nerve (probably spelled that wrong). I decided with the Nerve because I was unsure of the construction of the Nillkin and I liked the more natural color of the leathers, and the direction it flipped over. However I might just have to buy both now lol!
- 10-08-2013, 05:40 PM #7
10-08-2013, 07:31 PM #8
- 20 Posts
I used one that attaches magnetically to a little steel ring that stuck to my iPhone that I've not yet tested with the 1020 (looking for my little baggie of spare rings). I CAN say that the lens does NOT stick to the metal housing around the lens (must be aluminum, not steel). Will test it as soon as I find my rings; I hope they work, because Igot a LOT of use out of this little baby on my old phone:
Photojojo iPhone and Android Lens Series - The Photojojo Store!
NOTE: This is on the page, so I think it should work - the 1020 uses the same housing as the 920, yes? no?
Tested with: Nokia
- 10-08-2013, 08:55 PM #9
Cornercurve - that is my dream case. If it was available I would snatch it up... hell I want it so bad I would pay $200 for it. I can't find it for sale anywhere, all I can find is references to it possible existing sometime in the "near" future...
ImagoX - you are AMAZING. Something like that is just what I am looking for and after reading about it I don't see why it wouldn't work on the 1020. I have been looking for something like this for days. I am buying the four lens deal pack right now. Thanks so much!
10-09-2013, 12:11 AM #10
- 18 Posts
- 10-23-2013, 10:28 AM #12
Saw on Dan's Instagram a pic of the leather case similar to the one I mentioned previously and it had a link in the comments as to where to get it...Lumia 1020 Case | Gadget2us- DIY / DESIGN / Factory
Last edited by Cornercurve; 10-23-2013 at 11:18 AM.
- 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM #13
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM #14
- 20 Posts
UPDATE: I've been using the Photojojo magnetic wide angle/macro lens I posted to above for several weeks now, and I can report the following:
- Wide angle lens works great and is very sharp - outdoor landscapes are particularly nice and autofocus/auto-exposure seems to work perfectly. When not zoomed, the lens does cause a tiny bit of vignetting at the very edges of the frame, but the effect is barely noticeable and provides a LOT more FOV (easy enough to crop out after shooting IMHO).
- The magnetic attachment has NOT yet given me any issues with the lens cover or the zoom - everything seems to work flawlessly (so far anyway) with the lens magnetically attached to the steel ring stuck to the camera lens housing. Cover opens/closes, focus is fine, and zoom works without a hitch.
- Macro works best with manual focus - it will auto-focus, but since macro only has a tiny depth-of-field, I recommend using manual focus setting at minimum range and then just moving the camera in until proper focus is achieved. You can get VERY close with the macro lens.
- I have NOT tried using flash with a lens attached, but I suspect it would cast a shadow - will experiment. The ring does not interfere whatsoever with the flash (it's only a few millimeters tall at max).
Hope it helps someone. --Matt
- By BRLOhio in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 5Last Post: 10-06-2013, 02:56 AM
- By Aravind Mohanadoss in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 5Last Post: 09-24-2013, 11:00 PM
- By Gibraltar75 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:23 AM
- By API_Rock in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2013, 02:53 AM
- By antiochian2010 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:12 PM