Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

I AM GETTING SICK OF CNET'S BIASED REVIEWS. They did a torture test on the 1020 so they soaked it in blueberries like you were making wine instead of water damage and stepped on it, and the to get the blueberries off they soaked it really well in water! WTF!!
    YOU NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO
    They did a bad water test of the 900 too. They took out the sim tray and he fell in a pool, and put it I'm a bag of rice for only 20 MINUTES! They put the iPhone and galaxies for more than 24 hours! iCnet...
    Thanked by:
    SwimSwim likes this.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    she needs to be fired period, these people need to be fire period seriously

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raul_junior View Post
    I AM GETTING SICK OF CNET'S BIASED REVIEWS. They did a torture test on the 1020 so they soaked it in blueberries like you were making wine instead of water damage and stepped on it, and the to get the blueberries off they soaked it really well in water! WTF!!
    YOU NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO
    CNET trolled you.

No one expects a phone to survive that treatment.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    I have no respect for CNET. They have a continual ad on ESPN that links to an article that reads "Blackberry 10 driving business away from competitors."
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    CNET trolled you.

No one expects a phone to survive that treatment.
    no but these type of videos are watched by people who are first time smartphone buyers who aren't very techy so they might not know this is ridiculous
    Kevin Rush and SwimSwim like this.

PIN
    No
    Well,

I understand the justifiable negativity to the report, so feel burdened to make one positive comment about it..

The banjo music at the beginning was very appropos to the overal quality of this review..
    Thanked by:
    CNET's logic: IPhone in water for 30 seconds = pulverizing the 1020 in wine, then covering it with water.

I say we march on CNET's main office in NY. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jas00555 View Post
    CNET's logic: IPhone in water for 30 seconds = pulverizing the 1020 in wine, then covering it with water.

I live in Illinois...sooo no, but maybe a "change.org" thing

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    She truly is a dreadful woman but I won't lose any sleep over this.

I mean...who gives a f*ck?
    Jazmac likes this.
    I don't understand... how is this even a test... if you tried throwing the iphone like she did it would crack on the first bounce... also submerge any phone that isnt either the galaxy active or something treated with liquipel and the chances of it working are slim...

OP: If these types of reviews fustrate you then why are you still visiting the site? There is nothing you can do to contol or stop it from happening. That goes for any of the bogus review sites out there. Best thing to do is simply get them out of your life. You will be a much happier person.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    lippidp and etad putta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_1020 View Post
    She truly is a dreadful woman but I won't lose any sleep over this.

I mean...who gives a f*ck?
    it hurts windows phone perception to new smartphone buyers!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    it hurts windows phone perception to new smartphone buyers!
    I dunno. Cnet are well known for having bias towards iOS and Apple products and there are so many other sites out there that provide more balanced feedback and tests of devices.

I think Cnet are just catering for themselves. I honestly don't think they'll be changing many people's minds on a WP purchase...if people want to buy a 1020, they'll research a little deeper than a company that may as well be called iCnet.

Fack 'em..leave them to it.
    raul_junior likes this.
    "herp derp derp I'm molly wood. So like I totally have no idea how to turn this phone on because they so don't label the buttons"

YES BECAUSE THE IPHONE 5SUCKIT LABELS ALL OF ITS BUTTONS, SAME WITH EVERY OTHER PHONE THAT FUC.. *breaks keyboard*

"Well, there's no visible damage, so let's try that again." And again. What? "No visible damage" is her result after she did her drop test. If she's gonna hurl it till there's damage, then, it should be dropped from high and higher with a result on the height that finally breaks it.
    Last edited by liin; 10-08-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas00555 View Post

Me! Meet you in two weeks!

We get all of the wpcentral and other windows phone site members and we riot like the Iranians in 1979. Okay, not that intense...
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 10-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.

"time for a torture test of the Nokia Lumia 1020" was as much of the video I care to watch. I saw this same tortured looking "half man / half wilder-beast" review the 1020 when it hit the street. She used taking pictures of bubbles from a bubble machine to demonstrate how the Nokia 1020 was lacking. Face it, we will never make the grade with everyone. Technology does what it does. But, if you want to take real shots of your family, events, vacation, etc. between the iphone that the wilder-beast likes and the 1020, its the 1020 all day long.
    Oh and dropping a smart phone on the ground to prove that glass breaks must be ground breaking news to CNET. Wait till they discover companies like OTTERBOX exist. They're heads is sure to explode. lol.
    etad putta likes this.
    I live in Illinois...sooo no, but maybe a "change.org" thing
    I, too, live in IL. I have school, and therefore cannot follow Jesse Jackson to New York.

PIN
    No
    I'm surprised, you could tell they were trying their darndest to ensure it didn't survive. It actually fared pretty well. The phone is obviously fine, and, as it was trying to tell her (but she ignored) it was merely a problem with the battery. The connector attaching it to the phone very well could've been knocked loose (or even corroded) from the various tests. If they had opened it up and taken a look, I'm 55% sure they could've simply reattached the battery's connector, and it would've worked fine.

The 1020 did remarkable, kudos to Nokia. Try doing that with an iPhone, and see how things go.

Side-note: I facepalmed when she couldn't find the power button... She's "reviewed" how many Nokia Lumias at this point?
    *Signature goes here*

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmac View Post
    "time for a torture test of the Nokia Lumia 1020" was as much of the video I care to watch. I saw this same tortured looking "half man / half wilder-beast" review the 1020 when it hit the street. She used taking pictures of bubbles from a bubble machine to demonstrate how the Nokia 1020 was lacking. Face it, we will never make the grade with everyone. Technology does what it does. But, if you want to take real shots of your family, events, vacation, etc. between the iphone that the wilder-beast likes and the 1020, its the 1020 all day long.
    Oh and dropping a smart phone on the ground to prove that glass breaks must be ground breaking news to CNET. Wait till they discover companies like OTTERBOX exist. They're heads is sure to explode. lol.
    Actually, the 1020 survived being dropped multiple times on a gravel road, and you could tell they were really trying to ensure its death. Hell, water and grape-juice got knocked out when they dropped it, because they hadn't dried it out from the previous test yet. This is a tough little trouper, I want to see this same test done to an iPhone, I suspect their precious idol won't fare as well as the the mighty Nokia.
    *Signature goes here*

I swear, Molly Wood probably wept like a baby and tore out her hair when Steve Jobs died. She probably has a shrine devoted to all things Apple in the closet of her house. Her obsession towards apple and hatred for anything non-apple borders on religious zealotry.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    Always on is now done, btw. Not sure if she is being transferred, leaving, or fired.

Global Posts
    13,123 Global Posts
    For a second there, I didn't know which forum I was on LOL. CNET rage here as well?

It didn't alter my appreciation of the platform...

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    LOL, This is pathetic.
    Paul Pattison likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast