Where does the 38mp picture go? :O

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I just got the 1020, and have set the option to take both 38mp and 5mp pictures. The thing is that i can find only 1 picture in the cameraroll after taking a picture..
When it autouploads to skydrive, the picture is around 1.5MB.
Can someone explain how this is supposed to work?

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
You need to connect it to a PC using the USB cable to view the 38mp file. It's stored on the phone but the phone will only show you the smaller 5mp file as you've discovered.

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The larger file is in the camera folder with the same file name but with HIGH RES attached. If I recall you can only upload that via the ATT locker....

I pull mine off via windows explorer. They are quickly filling my Skydrive... Thank goodness for 1TB of free Flickr space!

I am not hoping for a Flickr update that auto uploads the large files in the future.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be awesome if there was a way to upload the high quality snaps to FB or Flickr... Wifi would make sense, and for those of us on super corporate data plans ;)

ANDYS01

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I found JoikuShare to transfer. Works well enough
I'd still prefer a better Wifi 'sync' option.

Hi there, just want to confirm that,
from your experience the JoikuShare does see the high resolution 38MP photo in WP8 phone,
and the app able to wifi transfer the 38MP to PC?
I had checked App store for the review generally quite negative!
Could you please share more information about this app?

The following is not relavent to this post, but if anyone could help
I have downloaded a MP3 file from my hotmail to WP8 but can not find it?
Is this app (JoikuShare ) able to do MP3 file wifi transfer?
Any other suggestion for transfer high res photo and mp3 between Lumia 1020 and PC?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ANDYS01

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The larger file is in the camera folder with the same file name but with HIGH RES attached. If I recall you can only upload that via the ATT locker....

I pull mine off via windows explorer. They are quickly filling my Skydrive... Thank goodness for 1TB of free Flickr space!

I am not hoping for a Flickr update that auto uploads the large files in the future.

Hi there, just wonder can you upload 38MP photo directly from Lumia 1020 to Flickr without PC
Thanks

PS.Just tried myself using flickr app to upload the photo, seems it only upload 5MP .

Last edited:

Mario Steenbergen

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I just got the 1020, and have set the option to take both 38mp and 5mp pictures. The thing is that i can find only 1 picture in the cameraroll after taking a picture..
When it autouploads to skydrive, the picture is around 1.5MB.
Can someone explain how this is supposed to work?

Also when viewing in the camera roll, there is a text underneith the picture saying "open in Nokia Pro cam" this will open te highres picture.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You will need an 8K screen to have a full view of the picture..zooming and reframing were the only benefits for now...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos